The soldiers stood in stunned silence.

"Huh?" Macro stared. "Seal it? How?"

"As for how we'll accomplish this, let me start by introducing this fellow! This is Eren Yeager, a member of the Trainee Corps!" Pixis said and Eren stepped forward and saluted.

Jean gaped at him, Ymir, Christa, and Connie, Thomas and Mina were staring with wide eyes at them.

"E-Eren?!" Connie stuttered.

"He is the successful result of our top-secret Titan transformation experiments! He is able to fabricate a Titan's body and control it at will!"

"Umh." Connie said. "The commander isn't making much sense, or am I just stupid?"

"Just shut up for a minute, stupid," Ymir scolded.
.

"In Titan form, he will lift that giant rock near the front gate, carry it to the wrecked gate, and seal the hole!" Pixis explained. "As for you, you're to defend him from the other Titans while he carries the rock!"
.

"There's no need to fight the Titans?" Armin asked.

Behind Pixis and Eren, Armin, Faye and Mikasa were standing on the other side of wall along with Anka and Gustav, two Garrison soldiers.

"I-I'm sorry!" Armin said. "I didn't mean to interrupt! I know I'm just a trainee."

"That's okay. Continue."

"Right. Normally, Titans respond to large groups of people by pursuing them. So if we were to use a large group to lure them to the edge of the Wall, I believe we could draw the Titans away from Eren without having to fight." Armin explained.

"Additionally, once these Titans have been lured away, we could take them out with cannons without incurring any casualties. However, we can't afford to leave Eren defenseless, so a small squad of elite soldiers would need to go and protect him." Armin said pointed to the map while everyone listened keenly. "Plus, there's no avoiding any Titans that come through the hole. The elite squad will need to be able to handle them."

"Alright, then. We'll rethink the plan around that," Gustav said.

"However, this is all based on the assumption that Eren can pick up the rock and seal the hole. I must admit I have my doubts about carrying out this plan with so little assurance to go on." Armin pointed out.

"Indeed, I have misgivings about sending so many people to their deaths based entirely on one big 'if,' but I understand Commander Pixis' assessment too," Gustav admitted.

"Yes," Anka said, "one of the issues is time. As we speak, Titans continue to pour into the town. The more filled the town gets, the worse our chances of successfully retaking it become."

"And the chances of them breaking through Wall Rose go up, too."

"And there's one other issue..." Anka began. Gustav and Armin turned to her in surprise. "People can only be driven by fear for so long."
.

A lot of soilders started to leave in fear. Then Pixis spoke up.

"By my order, all who leave now are absolved of their crime!" Pixis said. "Those who've succumbed to the Titans' terror once before can never face them again! Anyone who has already experienced their horror may leave! And, those who want their family and loved ones to experience that same horror may leave as well!" He continued.

"Let's think back four years ago! Namely, the operation to retake Wall Maria! I'm sure none of this needs saying! Calling it a 'recovery operation' gave it a nice ring, but it was essentially a way to dispose of the unemployed masses that the government couldn't support!"