A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 5

Start from the beginning

"Come on we only have another hour." I had completely forgotten were I was. I feel like I've been doing that a lot lately. Ugh Sidney what are you doing to me.

"Ya let's go."

--1 hour 45 minutes later--

By the time we got home we only had about half an hour to get ready. We all got into out jerseys. ( http://www.polyvore.com/game/set?id=26940729 ). Then we had a 15 minute drive to the stadium. You always want to be a couple hours early to the games. Being there you automatically want food, and we all know what food does to you so you have time to do that... Then you still have time to get another drink and sit down before the game starts. Yes we have this worked out to a science.

When we got to the arena, there were tons and tons of people, of course. The game was sold out long before we had bought the tickets. We try to get tickets quite a it but with our schedules we weren't sure if we were free until all the good seats were sold out. The guys said they could get us into a box or buy us front row seats but we wouldn't let them. We actually did let them get us good seats but we were going to pay for it. They didn't tell us where our seats were but we assumed front row.

When we got into the arena we found the section. We gave our tickets to the usher. He lead us to our seats which just happened to be right behind the bench. Why?!?! Don't get me wrong, this is amazing!!! But if they lose it'll be our fault. They're going to be paying attention to my friends more than the game. Knowing Talbot, don't get me wrong I really like him, but he'll pull some dumb ass move and get himself hurt showing off for Mils. Jordan will be off cause he'll be looking over at Mols while he's on the ice. And Geno who I'm still not 100% sure he understands when he's suppost to go on any normal time will be concentrating on Mel and be more confused than ever. Well there's not much I can do now. I just hope nothing goes wrong.

We went through our ruitine with the food and 10 minutes before the game was 'suppost', meaning about 20 minute, till the game started, we sat down. The crowd was going insane. Soon after we could hear people coming down the runway. This is where everyone really got excited. Then there they were. The Pens skated out on the ice. I could hear Mils and Mols squeeling as Talbot and Jordan started doing their warmups. I heard Mils screaming "HE SMILED AT ME", but I was to busy waiting for the second to last person to come out. And there he was. His amazing hazel eyes locked on mine. I felt a smile extend on my face and butterflys erupt in my stomach, yet I had this weird feeling. I just couldn't shake the nervousness I felt. I knew I was just being weird I've had this feeling since Saturday and nothing bad had happened. He would be fine.... I really really hope.

They did the National Anthem and then the game started. Right off the opening faceoff Geno scored. Mel completely flipped out when he looked at her and smiled, well we think that's his smile. Ok I'm done with the crooked face Russian jokes even if he does make fun of me with Sid. 2:16 later Cooke dumbed the puck to Lovejoy who passed it to Conner who SCORED!!! It was now 2-0 Pens. About five minutes later Tanger passed the puck off to TK who SCORED AGAIN!!!! Another 30ish seconds passed before Dupper passed to Sid who gave the puck off to Kunitz ANOTHER GOAL!!!! It was now 4-0 Pens!!! The crowd was freaking out. The team was freaking out. It was so different to watch the game from behind them. Sid came back to the bench turned around and grinned at me I grinned back hugely. This game was amazing. Tampa decide to pull their goalie. To add insult to injury before the period ended we got a powerplay. We capitalized on it when Letang gave it to Goose and Kunitz got the goal, his second of the night. The period ended and the crowd was zelous. 5-0 in the first period!!!!!!! We refused to get up. We were not moving. If we moved there was a slight chance we would come late to the second period and we would not take that risk.

The second period started off slow. Stamkos got a penalty shot, but hilariously he fell over. It was possibly the most embarrasing thing that's ever happened to a hockey player.....ever. I knew that would be on YouTube by the end of the game. Eventually Letestu put another one on the board with assists from TK and Goose. Then it happened. We were watching the players fight on the boards. Sid got the puck and passed it to someone, I'm not sure who I couldn't take my eyes off Sid. I saw Hedman skating down the ice at full speed right towards him. He hit him...hard...Sid got shoved into the boards. He at first looked disorriented, but seemed to regain himself enough to get back to bench. I could see the discomfort on his face. He saw me staring at him and tryed to smile. The trainers came rushing over asking if he was ok and so on. Kunitz got his hattrick from the same people, Gogo and Tanger, but I was to busy staring at their captain. I would have to be excited for him later. The second period ended. As the guys walked off the ice Sidney mouthed to me "I'll be fine". We again sat there. I shook it off, Sid would be fine, he's tough, he won't let anything keep him from playing.