vingt-six: meetings

CHAPTER TWENTY- SIX:
"meetings"

It had been a whole two weeks since Annie and Johnny started dating. Josh was the only one who knew.

It was Josh's birthday, They we're having a small party at his place. Just the five of them.

They were playing beer pong. Since Josh had challenged Johnny, both of were drunk. Jack wasn't any better. As for Annie, she had a couple of shots but stopped soon enough.

Asher was sober. At least that's what she thought. Annie hadn't seen him drink earlier.

It was almost 1 am and they had school the next day. Annie would usually sleepover at their place but since it had been a while since she had been home so she decided to go today.

"I feel sick," Jack groaned.

"You drink a lot then regret it." Annie laughed.

He shrugged falling back on the couch, "Eh, i'm used to it."

"I'm gonna go home today." Annie said.

"Alright, ill see you tomorrow" He said as he rubbled his eyes.

"Get some sleep." Annie laughed as she walked over to Johnny and Josh. They we're so close to completely passing out.

"Night guys." She smiled. "I'm going home."

Johnny smiled back at her. "Night babe, Stay safe." He whispered.

He was obviously drunk. Thank god his voice was low, it didn't seem like anyone heard it.

"Asher, can you give me a ride?" She asked, rubbing her arm.

He nodded, "Of course." He showed her his dimply smile.

Soon enough, They we're in his car, driving while soft music played in the background.

"You and Johnny have been close lately," Asher smirked glancing at her.

She rolled his eyes playfully, "Eyes on the road." She bit her lip.

He laughed, "I wouldn't be surprised if you two get together." He said. "You both like each other its obvious."

She blushed as she was about to open her mouth to speak, he pulled over her drive way. Her expression changing once she saw a car parked there.

He noticed too, "Is that yours?" He questioned to which she simply shook her head 'no'

"It might be my mom.." She said softly.

"Do you want me to come in?" He asked her.

She nodded, "Yeah please," She said as they got out of the car and went inside.

She unlocked the door to see her mom sitting on the couch going through papers, "Mom?" She questioned as she looked at the woman in front of her.

"Annie! you're home!" She smiled going to give her a hug. She turned noticing Asher, "Who's this?"

"He's Asher..my friend."

She raised a brow, "Just a friend?"

Annie blushed in embarrassment, "Yes mom." She said sternly causing Asher to laugh a little.

"Hello Mrs.LeBlanc" Asher smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Asher." His mom smiled back.

"I'll leave now, see you tomorrow Annie." He said before walking out the door.

Annie rubbed her hands as she sat on the couch after her mom. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I live here?" She questioned then laughed, "I got a two-day break.

Where we're you?"

"I was at the boy's place.." She said fiddling with her fingers.

"Boy's place?" Her mom said.

"Asher, Johnny, Josh, and Jack. They're my friends.."

"All boys huh?" Her mom interrogated. She didn't have a bad relationship with her mom so this conversation wasn't as uncomfortable.

"I used to be friends with a few girls but they were talking shit on me." She explained.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Her mom said. "Well, how have you been?"

"Eh, Life's okays. I-I have a boyfriend by the way," She said turning towards her mom, her voice fading away as she said that because she didn't know how she was gonna react. "It's Johnny." She added.

"Why didn't he drop you?" Her mom questioned. Well, she was one smart woman.

Annie didn't want to say they got drunk because that would leave a bad impression, "He fell asleep." She said biting the inside of her cheek.

"Is he nice? I want to meet him." Her mom grinned.

She rolled her eyes playfully, "He's amazing." She smiled widely as she laid back thinking about him.

"Do you love him?" He asked that's when Annie's cheeks turned pink. Did she? or was it too soon?

She was confused and surprised at why her mom suddenly asked a question like that, "What!?" She sat up, "I-i don't know." She confessed. "How have you been?" She asked her mom trying to change the subject.

"You're father wanted to meet me." She sighed.

Annie shifted to look at her, "What? why?" She said.

"He called me from an unknown number, told me that I stole you away from him and if he sees you again.." Her voice trailed off.

"He'll probably take you back."

Her mom didn't know he abused her. She only knew that Annie was unhappy there.

"No," Annie responded. "No fucking way will I be going there, I've made friends here too!"

Her mom narrowed her eyes at Annie, "Annie, language." She said. "Plus, he might. He probably won't and I'll fight for you to stay here." She added.

She smiled but it soon faded, "Is he still with that nat girl?" She asked hoping she would say yes. She could help Asher but she was risking herself.

"Surprisingly. He still is."  Annie's mom told her.

Annie smiled faintly, then smirked, "Did you
meet anyone?" She laughed.

Her mother glared at her, "Annie." She deadpanned but that soon turned into laughter.

"Movie night?" Annie questioned.

"Its late but alright..movie night" Mrs Katie
smiled.

Author's Note:

just to make sure you guys remember their parents names are different.

Asher's mom: linda
Asher's dad: Sam

Annie's mom: Meredith
Annie's dad: John