quatre: crush

CHAPTER FOUR:
"crush"

Johnny and Asher reached chick fil a soon enough.

"ill go order, what do you want again?" Asher asked.

"i'll just have a the cheeseburger combo" Johnny replied as he looked around for Annie but little did he know she was in the order station where Asher was soon to go.

As Asher approached the station, he definitely saw Annie but he ignored her. However Annie, trying to make a small conversation decided to talk to him.

"Hey, Asher right?" Annie smiled.

He looked at her, his green orbs facing her brown ones, he simply just nodded as an answer.

"order for Annie Leblanc?" the waiter said.

"That's me." Annie smiled as she grabbed her small bag of food.

She faced Asher who had already looked the other way.

She opened her mouth to say something to him but decided not too, instead she asked, "did Johnny come with you?"

Asher nodded again, "he's probably at the seating area." Asher replied blankly.

She nodded and smiled, "thank you, I'm Annie by the way."

"I know." He deadpanned. She was confused why he was acting like such a jerk but she just shook it off and went over to the seating area.

Finally, she locked eyes with Johnny who was on his phone. Crap, he probably texted me, Annie thought.

Johnny gave her a smile gesturing her to sit down next to him.

"I was looking for you"  Johnny said.

"Sorry about that. I saw Asher." She said. "I tried to have a conversation with him but he just literally ignored me."

"He's always been like that. Don't worry, either he'll warm up to you or you'll get used to it." Johnny said.

Annie smiled at him and nodded, "How has your day been?" 

Johnny smiled back, "I skipped, did nothing, made a friend, now I'm at chick fil a" He laughed.

Annie laughed, "Are you skip-" she was cut off by Asher.

"Let's go" he said completely ignoring Annie.

"Well, see you tomorrow Johnny." She smiled.

"See you tomorrow Julie." He said.

She rolled her eyes playfully "Don't call me that." She said as they went out together.

Annie got on her skateboard, ready to leave but Johnny interrupted her.

"You're gonna skate home?" Johnny questioned.

"Yeah?" She said confused as it was quite obvious.

"It's late Annie." He said.

"I'll be fine-"

"Let's go Johnny" Asher interrupted again. Annie couldn't help but think, 'he's really moody' Johnny gave Asher a look and Asher sighed.

"We'll give you a ride." Johnny offered.

"No I'll be fine plus I think you're friend wouldn't like that." She said shading Asher.
Asher simply rolled his eyes.

"I insist." Johnny said. "Asher?" Johnny looked at him.

"Fine." He groaned walking towards his car as Johnny smiled.

Johnny looked back at Annie, "Come on." He gestured.

She smiled, "thank you."

They had soon reached Annie's house. The car was pretty normal. Asher was driving while Johnny and Annie we're "secretly" texting each other.

"Is this you're place?" Asher asked doubting himself if he had messed up the address she gave him.

"Yeah." Annie said looking up from her phone.
"Thank you. . Johnny and Asher." She said getting out.

"Goodnight Julie."

"Goodnight Guys, and stop calling me that." Annie said rolling her eyes playfully.

"Night." Asher said replying to her. Maybe he was warming up to her?

"Don't forget you're backpack tomorrow!" Johnny sorta shouted.

"I won't!" she sorta-shouted back before Asher drove off.

Halfway through the ride, with random small chats and conversations, Asher suddenly asked, "You like her huh?" Asher asked to Johnny.

Johnny bit his lip, Was it that obvious? It was just a small "I think she's kinda cute thing" Either way, he refused to agree, "No. I do not" Johnny protested.

Asher simply shrugged, "okay" he said softly.