11. I Can Hear His Heartbeat

Start from the beginning

"Y-You're alive." Jean came up to them.

"We did it, Armin." Connie said and slapped his back.

"O-Ouch!" Armin winched in pain.

"Your plan worked! Guys," Connie yelled, grinning, and pointed, "That Titan's an Abnormal! It's killin' all the other Titans! And it has no interest in us! We can use it to our advantage to escape from here!"

"Use a...Titan?" Someone said.

"A Titan helping us?" Jean asked. "What kind of stupid plan-"

"But if it works then it's not stupid!" Faye pointed out.

"Whether it's an Abnormal or not, I don't care. We're going to let it rampage here for as long as possible." Mikasa said. Because, Realistically, that's our best strategy for survival now."

Outside, the Attacking Titan sent another Titan crashing back, screaming, drawing the attention of more around him.

"It's okay," Connie assured as the attacking titan charged at more Titans. "That Titan's tougher than ordinary ones."
.
.

"I doubt they'll take down this building while that one's rampaging like crazy." Connie said.

Inside the HQ, a wooden elevator came up to the level the former trainees were at.

"How much do you know about that Titan?" Reiner asked, sitting in front of Connie, Annie behind him.

"We can worry about that after we're safe," Connie said.

"Yeah." Reiner smiled. "Let's survive first."

Jean stepped out of the elevator, holding a long box, others following behind him. "We found some. They belong to the Military Police. Damn things are all covered in dust."

Jean then quickly loaded the gun. "Are you sure three bullets are enough? I mean, seriously... Will guns even work against Titans?"

Around them, their comrades readied their guns. Armin had the floor plans before him.

"They're far better than nothing, I feel. If there are still seven Titans in the supply room that are three or four meters tall, this much firepower should be capable of blinding them all simultaneously." Armin explained.

"First," Armin began, "we'll use the lift to lower a group of people from the center ceiling. They'll then simultaneously fire at the faces of each of the seven Titans, thereby blinding them."

"Then comes the moment of truth. Seven people hiding up top will strike the Titans' vitals just after the guns fire. In other words...this plan will put everything, everyone's lives on the line for a single attack."

"Seven people will have to slay seven Titans at the same time in a single blow. It'll be up to the seven most physically fit and adept soldiers we have here. So, um, I'm sorry for placing everyone's lives on your shoulders."

"If we fail, we die. The risk's the same regardless of who goes," Annie said.

"We got no other choice. We're out of time and options. All we can do now is give it our all!" Armin said.

"It'll be fine," Mikasa assured. "You have a knack for figuring out correct solutions. You even used it to save my, Faye and Eren's life before."

"I did? When?" Armin asked, a bit surprised.

"The lift's ready!" Jean yelled. "The guns, too! They're all loaded!"

"You just don't realize it," Mikasa said.

"Let's talk about this later." Faye said.

"Okay." Armin said and nodded.

Connie was still unsure about the plan. Then he spoke up.