11. I Can Hear His Heartbeat

Mulai dari awal

Jean, Marco, and Sasha maneuvered between three Titans. One caught Jean's leg.

Cutting off the finger, Jean shot the hooks and moved forward. He landed on the roof and ran.

"Jean!" Marco ran next to him. "Thanks! You helped us get away!"

"Huh?"

"It's all thanks to you! It's like I said before! You make a good leader!"

"I'm not so sure about that!" Jean replied, successfully dodging more Titans.

One trainee was not so lucky. He screamed and drops of blood flew in the air. "Damn!" Jean forced himself to look ahead.

Then Jean crashed through the HQ's window. Then he stood up and looked at his comrades.

'How many made it?' Jean wondered.

Marco, Reiner, and Annie were the first to arrive. Soon Thomas, Mina and the rest arrived too.

'How many comrades' deaths did I use? How many people died because of my orders?' Jean wondered.

Then, Jean looked behind and noticed two trainees hiding under a desk next to him. "You're with the supply team...aren't you?"

"Yeah."

Jean grabbed one boy by the collar and dragged him out. He punched the boy, knocking him down.

"Stop, Jean!" Marco came up and restrained him.

"These are the ones who abandoned us! People are dead because of you guys!" Jean hurled the accusation at the weeping soldiers.

"The Titans overran the supply room." One trainee knelt beside her comrade, crying. "There was nothing we could do!"

"It's your job to deal with it anyway!" Jean snapped.

Reiner watched the scene with a grimace. Suddenly, he noticed a whistling sound.

"Get down!"

A young woman was sent flying. Outside, two Titans sat on their hands and knees. One had punched the wall with its face. They were now looking inside.

"Shit," Jean cursed. "There are too many people!"

The trainees panicked and rushed back.

"Hurry!"

"Get further inside!"

"Stop!"

Jean was rooted in his spot in horror.

"We can't all go at once!"

"Where'd Mikasa go?"

"She ran out of gas! She's long gone by now!"

'This is normal.' Jean stared at the giant faces smiling creepily at him. 'This must be what the real world is like...'

'Was I trying to delude myself up until now?' Jean's swords were slack in his hands. Surely I knew what the real world was like. 'It's so obvious when you think about it. There's no way we stand a chance against these monstrosities...'

Just then a giant fist appeared, crushing one Titan's face.

The attacking Titan knocked the two down, roaring.

"What was that?" Jean said and stared.

A window broke to his right and Mikasa came in, followed by Connie, Armin and Faye. Jean was surprised.

"Huh? What the hell? Mikasa!"

"Man, that was close." Connie knocked on his canister, not believing this luck. "It's completely empty. We did it! We managed to make it!"