Chapter 49

Alicia's Pov

I immediately looked around if anyone was near us.

I turned back to her and gulped.

"Wh-What?" I asked with a raspy voice.

Ria looked straight into my eyes and took a breath, "You heard me" she said taking out a cigarette.

"Where did you hear this" I ask as she light the cigarette. She shrug, "I just remembered her face when I saw her all over the news" she let out a puff of smoke.

"What about it?" I ask, she look at me and answers, "Well I'm gonna tell the world" she smile.

I shake my head, "No! Why?" I ask with goosebumps on my skin.

"Because I don't like her" she smirk.

I scoffed, "Like that news is gonna shock the world" I answer looking straight in her eyes.

"Oh it will, she'll get plenty of hate," she pauses and laugh a little, "trust me" she smile.

"She did it for her own good" I answer.

"Oh," Ria asked amused, "Ellen got an abortion for her own good, what about that lost baby's life?" she pauses, "I guess that's karma" she finish.

"Ellen got an abortion?" I heard a voice behind us. My eyes widen and I turned around seeing Lewis.

"She got an abortion?" Lewis asked with tears in his eyes, "Was it my baby?" he asked carefully.

"No, no absolutely not it wasn't yours" I answer quickly seeing Ria walking away.

"Did she cheat on me?" Lewis asked looking a bit angry.

I looked to Ria seeing that she has a smirk on her face while tapping her wrist.

I turned back to Lewis, seeing that he has already walked away.

I ran after him, "Lewis, please stop, Lewis!" I yell.

After a few seconds of running Lewis stopped and turned around.

"She wouldn't cheat on me right?" he asked looking to the ground, "No! Absolutely not" I answer quickly.

He let out a breath of relief, "Then what happened?" he asked looking into my eyes.

I let out a breath and folded my arms, "Well she had an abortion in high school" I say, "Her ex boyfriend got her pregnant and disappeared on her."

"Well that isn't a big thing" he answered, "Ultimately it is her body, she decides what to do with it and maybe she was scared to raise a child on her own, I completely understand her" he say looking around the parking lot.

I nod my head, "Yes she was very scared, at nights she would call me crying and asking if everything was gonna be okay, eventually she decided to abort the baby" I say.

"But if this gets out to the press" he realizes, I nod, "That girl wanted to tell the press that was here a few minutes ago"

He immediately locked eyes with me, "Oh that's bad" he say putting his lips in a thin line.

"She'll probably approach me again sometime" I say, "And I'll try my best to convince her not to" I finished.

He nod, "Let me know when she does, just call me" he answered.

"Okay" I said, "Is Ellen awake maybe?" I asked.

He shook his head, "Not yet but let's not overwhelm her with this news" he say.

I nod, "Sure, let's go in" I say as we make out way in the building.

Ellen's Pov

The moment I opened my eyes I shut them because of the bright light, squirming underneath the lights, what happened?

Then everything came back to me after opening my eyes and looking around, Lewis.

Is he okay?

Just then the door open and a doctor walked in, "Ms Hayes, you're awake" he say looking at the monitors.

"Where's Lewis?" I asked nervously. He walked closer, "He's just went outside to get your friend I believe" he say pushing buttons on the monitors.

I nod, feeling relieved knowing he's okay.

Then the door opens and there stands Lewis, he quickly rushed over to me, "Baby, you're awake" he say rubbing my cheek.

I felt a tear escaping my eye, I'm so glad he's alright.

We didn't even notice the doctor leaving the room.

Lewis then put his arm around my waist and rest his head on my shoulder, "I thought I lost you" he whisper quietly.

"I'll never leave you, Lewis, never" I answer trying to rub his shoulder.

"Don't move to much" he scold me, I smile slightly.

"We've been through so much as this point, I just want to be happy" I sigh and Lewis lifted his head, looking straight into my eyes.

I could see something troubling him but he quickly cleared his throat, "And you will be when you're out of here" he say kissing my forehead.

I nod and closed my eyes.

Moments later I heard Alicia's voice, "Ellen?" she aks softly.

I opened my eyes seeing my best friend, "Hi" I whisper softly.

She came over with tears in her eyes, "I don't want to see you like this, attach to every machine" she say sitting in the chair next to me, looking around at all the machines.

"But I'll be okay" I whisper softly while smiling.

She nod and quickly rubbed off the tears on her cheeks.

"Thank for planning everything for me and Lewis, even though it ended so bad" I smile.

She let's out a laugh, "Yeah, anything for you" she smile.

"I'm grateful for you and Dean, okay?" I say looking up at the ceiling.

"Ellen? What's wrong?" Alicia asks.

I shook my head, "Lewis is hiding something from me" I say quietly.

I turned my head towards her and she was staring at the floor, "Alicia?" I ask.

"There's this girl Ria who knows about you're abortion back in high school, she's threatening to tell the press" Alicia finish.

I felt my breath hitched, then it felt like I couldn't breathe, like something pressing on my throat. Tears forming in my eyes.

"Alicia?" I barely croaked out. I looked at her through my tears, she quickly stands up and take my hand, "Ellen, everything will be alright, just breathe, come on breath with me" she instructed.

I nod and try to breathe with her, minutes later I'm feeling better.

"Everything will be okay, Ellen" Alicia says.

I have a feeling that it's not gonna be okay.

***

Hi everyone. So it's quali in France today and I hope Merc can give us a good result. Anyway thank you so much for 30k, much love 💜.