Chapter 44

Lewis is back in England this week for a little bit of rest. Or at least that's what my mother said, he called her telling her that because I haven't had the energy to pick my phone up.

But I have decided to visit Lewis, because it's not fair to him that I don't want to see him, we're both going through this.

I walk into the living room seeing both my parents watching golf.

My mother's head perked up, "Hi honey, where are you going?" she ask looking down at my outfit.

I was wearing black sweatpants with a white croptop and nike air force 1s, my hair in a ponytail with a few strands hanging out in front.

It was the first time in a long time that I've looked decent, my tummy has not fully deflated, there's still a pouch there.

I bit my lip,"I'm going to go see Lewis" I say grabbing my car keys hanging on the wall.

My mother stood up, "You sure darling?" my mother ask, I nod, "Yes, I'll see you later" I say walking out of the door.

I climb into my beautiful black car and start the engine.

As I drove towards Lewis' dad's home, many thoughts went through my mind.

I hope I don't run into any paparazzi, I might just break because I'm still raw.

As I park my car, I see Lewis' car in the driveway, but there's a big white Mercedes car parked here as well.

Then Anthony, Lewis' dad walked out laughing and Lewis followed, with another lady following both of them.

I keep my eyes trained on them, I hope neither one if them sees me.

Lewis then gave the lady a hug and it looked intense, Anthony smiled at them and she climbed into her car and droved away.

Then Lewis' smile fell and his dad came up to him hugging him. It looked like he was crying.

I took in the sight in front me and tears started pooling in my eyes, immediately I jumped out of my car, locked my car and walked over to them

As I near them, I could hear Lewis crying, it hurt my heart.

"Lewis?" I say softly not knowing what to do with my hands.

Then him and his dad parted and shock overcame Lewis' face and he immediately came up to me pulling me in for a hug.

"You're here?" Lewis asked with his head in my neck, wetting my neck with his tears.

I nod while crying, "I'm here" I say hugging him tighter.

We stood like this for a few moments, our bodies melting into each other, my body instantly reacted to his, missed his body.

We pulled back and it was just the two of us.

"I missed you" Lewis say, breaking the silence.

I nod, "I missed you too, my love" I answer.

"Let's go inside" Lewis say grabbing my hand and leading me inside.

Anthony was busy in the kitchen when we walked in.

"Anthony" I greeted, we were on first name bases because he didn't like it when I called him Mr. Hamilton, I still feel uncomfortable saying Anthony.

He smiled, "Ellen" he nod, then disappeared out the kitchen.

Lewis then lead me to the living room, where we sat down.

"How have you been Lewis?" I ask taking his hands in mine.

He suddenly looked away, "Lewis, look at me" I say.

He looked at me and tears were already in his eyes. I released his hands and wiped his tears away, moving closer to him.

"I'm here Lewis, you can talk to me" I say.

"Everything has been messed up, I can't think properly, eat properly or even sleep properly" his voice breaks.

"There was even a lady here now, she's my therapist" he pauses, chocking on his words, "She's been helping me."

I looked down at my hands, feeling guilty.

I gulped and looked up at him.

"How are you Ellen?" he ask.

I nod, "I've been okay" I answer.

"Ellen, please don't shut me out, your mom told me everything, but I want to hear it from you" he say taking my face in between his hands.

"Lewis it has been hard, the feeling guilt has been eating me up from inside" I cry.

He instantly pulled me in for hug, "No one blames you, Ellen, not even me, these things happen but we'll come back stronger" he say rubbing my head.

I nod and we just sat like that in each other's arms.

"I love you" he whisper after some time.

"And I love you" I answer my voice breaking, "So much Lewis" I say staring up into his eyes.

He kissed my forehead and hugged me tighter.

"Everything will be okay, Ellen, we're together in this" Lewis say softly.

I nod, "Everything will be fine because we have each other" I say closing my eyes.

"Let's take a nap" Lewis say picking me up bridal style and carrying me up to his room.

He removed my shoes and climbed in next to me, hugging me holding me close.

It was the first time in a long time that I actually had sleep, probably Lewis as well.

***

When I woke up, Lewis was no where to be found.

I sit up looking around the room, the all of a sudden Lewis walked in.

With flowers and chocolate in his hands.

I smiled at him and he came over to my side of the bed.

He put the stuff down on the nightstand and took my hand, "Ellen will you stand up please?" he asked as he lifted my up.

"I know this is probably not the best time, but what I feel for you I don't think I'll ever find in someone else, I love you with my whole heart Ellen" he pauses and took something out of his back pocket.

"Ellen Lia Hayes, will you marry me?" Lewis went down on one knee.

I was in shock and looked down at the ring and kneeled on the ground with him.

I started crying, "Of course I will" I say laughing with tears on my face.

We both stood up, he put the ring in my finger and kissed me, both tasting each other's tears.

We hugged each other and kissed once again.

I was excited for this new chapter, and maybe everything was going to be okay.