They watched her in silence.

"What's pathetic is your way with words," Jean spoke up. "You actually considered that motivational?" Jean readied his blades. "I blame you for this, Eren!"

Jean glared at his fellow graduates and yelled. "Hey! Since when were we taught to let our comrades fight alone?! Or do you guys want to end up as actual cowards?!" Then he took off, Connie following right behind.

"Never thought I'd hear him say that." Reiner said and led Bert and Annie forward.

Armin and Faye wiped their tears and went next. Marco sighed, also following.

"Come on." Sasha said and went behind them.

"Damn it. Alright, let's do it!"

They let out battle cries and went forward.

Mikasa led them, cutting down a 15-meter in her path.

"Hurry! Follow Mikasa!" Jean ordered. "Fight as little as possible! Get to HQ before you run out of gas!"

"Man, Mikasa's incredible," Connie said. "How can she move so fast?"

'No. She's using up too much gas.' Armin guessed, looking at her gear. She's going to run out right away. 'Regardless of our skill, once we lose our mobility, we're completely helpless.'

Faye could see that too. She was concerned for her.

Using more gas, Mikasa took out another 15-meter titan.

'She's not her usual... She's trying to distract herself from Eren's death. It's only a matter of time until she―' Faye's thought process was interrupted when Mikasa crashed.

"Mikasa!" Armin yelled and went after her, Faye following behind.

"Damn," Connie cursed. "Jean, you take the lead! I'll help Armin and Faye!"

"No, I will, too!" Jean replied.

"Don't be stupid! There are still Titans everywhere! Your skills are needed!" Connie said.

Gritting his teeth, Jean led the trainees forward.
.
.

Mikasa fell on a dumpster. She still had the dead look on her face.

'He is... Gone... Forever...' Mikasa held up her arm robotically, looking at the blade.

Then she got off the dumpster and fell to her knees, holding a small blade.

'I don't have any... Will to live now... This world is cruel and very beautiful.' Mikasa thought, remembering Eren wrapping the scarf around her.

Then a titan approached her. She slowly looked up at the titan.

'It's been a nice life... Thanks Eren...' Mikasa thought and closed her eyes.

The Titan's hand reached forward. But then, Mikasa's instincts screamed. Suddenly, she sliced the titan's fingers and jumped back. She herself was confused.

The Titan brought its hand down, she barely dodged, the force sending her back into a wall.

'Why?' Mikasa dodged another swipe and went rolling on the ground. 'I was sure I'd given up...'

'Why am I standing up?' Coughing, Mikasa sat up straight. 'Why am I struggling? What for? After all...' She got to her feet, looking up at the sun. 'There's no point in living anymore...' The Titan came forward, blocking the light.

When Mikasa turned around to run, a 15-meter rounded the corner.

'Fight!' Eren's words echoed in her mind. She the realised that it was Eren who was still motivating her.