#2 Percy, The gang

"Please come with me children," Chiron calls after us, gathering the group together, just like I figured. 

Annabeth and I follow him to his office where I see Leo and piper waiting for us there, both of them look as sombre as I feel, and neither of them was here for the first war. 

"ah, do you know if Hazel and Frank are back from Camp Jupiter yet?"

Hazel and frank being practors had not had much time to come over and visit as of recently, and there was no use taking away two of the greatest leaders of their camp to come and follow on a quest that they don't have to be a part of. 

"Nah not yet sir"

"Okay, Will and Nico will just have to take their place instead for now, do you mind getting them, I believe they should both be hanging out in the infirmary."

Ever since the second war, Nico has been helping out Will with his doctor chores, which is just as much. Things are still a little awkward between us ever since he told me about his crush on me, well past crush that is. He has made it very clear that it was a past crush, and nothing more. 

At first when Nico would hang out with all the injured people a lot of campers were a little unsettled being in the presence of  Death's son himself while trying to get healed, not a very happy sign. But while we were trying to heal all the wounded shoulders after fighting Gea we found out that if a camper is close to death Nico could do this little talky thing and try to snap them out of it. Course it would take a lot of strength and power from him, and sometimes it would take a few days for him to come back to consciousness, and it didn't work if the patient was already dead, but it was hella useful. 

We sat there in a shared silence as we waited for Leo to return, which hopefully wasn't going to be long, though I don't think I would be all that bothered if it was. I mean the longer it takes to fetch them the longer we have to just chill here for a bit. Piper looked over at me and Annabeth with the same look in her eyes that I knew I was giving off. Frustrated dismay. Though hers looked so much beyond distressed than what I was first expecting

Piper has not fully recovered after the loss of Jason. It was a lot for her to lose him, even if they hadn't broken up before his death, it was still hard for her to lose him all the same. I wonder how she was hanging in there with all of this. No doubt she was worried about losing another person as well. I mean the loss of Jason and the short disappearance of Leo had all of us sobbing for him at one point or another.

"got em!" Leo calls out cheerily while returning with a smiling Will and a grumpy Nico. Will is still wearing the overcoat to the doctor uniforms that they have the apollo kids wear, but it's not Will's outfit that has me staring at their entrance, It's Nicos. He's decked out into a full-blown nursing uniform and not looking happy about it. 

He's wearing a bright pink short-sleeved shirt with a blue skirt and a white apron with a red cross at the side and desperately trying to cover up the whole thing with his aviator jacket as Leo tries and desperately fails to cover up his laughs.

"Okay death boy what's with the whole Mikan Tsumiki cosplay?"

Nico scoffs and rolls his eyes as he zips up his jacket, only successfully covering the top of the outfit, but leaving the skirt and apron exposed at the bottom. 

"Ask Will, he's the idiot mastermind behind the whole stupid idea."

A smiling Will clears his throat and acts like he's getting ready to make the presentation of his life, he is clearly rather proud of what he has done.

"Well some of the campers, and never me of course, were a little dismayed by this cute little dark emo boy, so I thought they would feel more at peace if he wore something a little happier and colourful!"

Will stares at Nico taking in his outfit and smiling widely, as Nico rolls his eyes again, I can see a hint of a smile on his face and his usually pale as f*ck cheeks go slightly pink. huh, odd. 

"Wait Leo how exactly do you know Mikan Tsumiki?" Annabeth asks sceptically, oh yeah I didn't think about that. 

"uhhhh..."

"not important right now children, for you have a quest to go on!"