"It's only a matter of time until Wall Rose is breached!" Armin babbled. "In fact, if they ever feel like it, they can pretty much wipe out humanity anytime they want!"

"Armin." Eren grabbed his arm. "Calm down. This isn't like last time. Humanity won't give in to the Titans anymore!"

"I'm sorry," he said, calmer now. "I'm alright."

More and more Titans were crawling through the hole.
.
.

Elsewhere, a beautiful castle stood near the water. A wild patch of white, pink, and yellow flowers grew by the shore, attracting butterflies. It was peaceful.

Pixis was playing chess with a noble man named Wald. He was purposefully losing against the noble man.

"Commander Pixis! I bring a message!" A soldier ran in, followed by a harassed-looking butler.

"How uncouth!" Wald made a face. "Who are you?" Wald asked.

The soldier ignored him. "The Colossal Titan has appeared in Trost! The gate has been destroyed!"

Pixis was shocked hearing his words. He quickly left with the soldier despite the noble man's protests
.
.

At the HQ, a Garrison soilders were mentioning the soilders position.

"As practiced, you will now split into your squads and perform resupply, message relay, and Titan-clearing duties under the command of the Garrisons!"

In the courtyard, soldiers stood.

"The Garrison intercept squad will take the vanguard. The trainees, led by the support squad, will take the middle guard. And the Garrison's elite squads will take the rearguard. Additionally, I've received word that the advance team has been wiped out!" Kitz Weilman ordered.

Eren gasped. The other trainees looked equally shocked, hearing his words.

"The outer gate has been breached, and the Titans have been allowed inside. In other words, the Armored Titan could very well appear again and demolish the inner gate at any time!"

"You can't be serious."

"You gotta be kidding me!"

"If they end up breaching Rose-"

"Quiet!" Weilman ordered. "The vanguard is currently engaged with the enemy. This defense operation has but one objective: Defend Wall Rose until the citizens have finished evacuating. Also, as I'm sure you're well aware desertion is punishable by death! Be prepared to lay down your lives! Dismissed!"

"Sir!"

Soldiers ran around, getting ready. 'Why today?' Jean covered his face with one hand. 'I would've been on my way to the interior tomorrow.'

A few feet over, Daz puked. "Are you okay?" Christa rubbed his back. In response, he threw up again.

Jean moved past a few trainees who looked like they had completely given up and were now wallowing in self-pity.

"No, no, no..." One of them whimpered.

Not paying attention, Jean ended up running into Eren. They both looked at each other, startled.

"Get out of my way!" He said and tried to move past him.

"Hey, Jean!" Eren grabbed his arm. "What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong? That's easy for you to say, Suicidal Bastard!" Jean stepped in. "You wanted to join the Survey Corps!"

His yelling attracted Mikasa and Faye's attention.