Chapter Twenty-Five

Dominique's Pov

I led the way to the end of the upstairs hallway with Zakari, leaving my two kids to play with Mariah.

Our conversation officially started when we both sat on opposite sides of the wall.

I wanted to sit here so that I had a clear view of my kids, and an easy route to quickly get to them.

I took a deep breath before meeting Zakari's gaze, 

"That's Isaiah and that's Zara," I started, pointing to my toddler first, then my three year old after. "Isaiah is six and Zara just turned three." I paused, watching her nod her head.

"I was eighteen when I had Isaiah, I'd just got out of school." I continued, while glancing at my kids.

"So where have they been?"

"With Kingston's family, or my aunt."

"Why?"

"Because he wanted to, they're his kids too."

There wasn't much reason as to why, other than I was young. They just wanted me to have some time out of school, but I started taking care of them more after Zakari left.

That's why I stopped calling. 

I was just busy.

"Am I the only that don't know?"

"Pretty much." I turned hearing an unknown voice, seeing it was Malaysia and Nyeemah.

"How—Your location is on, and I wanted to see my nieces and nephews." Malaysia cut Zakari off before walking into the room to Mariah.

"Y'all are just crazy as fuck, and it's only Saturday." Zakari eyed the both of them as they joined us, holding our kids.

"Well it's the weekend, we haven't seen yo ass in four years, and we missed you." Nyeemah shrugged, playing with Zara. "I don't know what you expect."

"I mean you shouldn't expect any less." Malaysia commented, eyeing Zakari. "Oh, and Siara is hella nice."

"Right, like she didn't question our totally non threatening DM." Nyeemah chuckled sarcastically.

"Well that's not concerning at all—anything happened around here?" Zakari questioned, looking at us all.

"I think you see it all—her boyfriend, her kids, my kid—YOUR KID?" Zakari quickly cut Malaysia off.

"You have a kid? I'm an aunt? I have a niece or nephew?" Zakari cheesed at the thought of more kids.

"Well you have a nephew. His name is Miles." Malaysia explained.

"Morales?" 

"Jackson." Malaysia rolled her eyes.

"Nyeemah and Lola are engaged." I added since I seemed invisible in this conversation.

"Right! Speaking of, lemme call her." Nyeemah dismissed herself along with my daughter.

"What. The. Hell. I would've came for it, the fuck." Zakari scrunched her face, feeling offended.

"I mean, they're getting married in a few weeks, so you haven't missed anything yet." I shrugged before looking at Mariah.

Malaysia stood, walking to the room and started playing with Isaiah, leaving Mariah beside me.

"Hi Mariah." I gave her a soft smile.

"Hello. What's your name?"

"My name is Dominique."

Her eyes widened at my name before looking at Zakari with a dramatic expression which slowly changed into a sly smirk.

I was confused, but found the moment comical.

"Wanna play with my dolls Dom?" Mariah quizzed, the smirk not leaving her face.

I laughed before nodding since she definitely knew some things.

I played Dolls with Mariah for some time until Zakari told her it was time for bed. Luckily she listened, and actually seemed to be tired.

My kids on the other hand, were reluctant, especially Zara.

Zakari decided to get her situated while I dealt with Miles, who was fairly keen to going to sleep.

I left Zakari's guest room, and paused, admiring the sight of her cradling Zara in her arms. 

It was really cute; Zara was fast asleep and Zakari had this cute smile plastered on her face, which I made contact with when she looked up.

"She's asleep now," she walked towards me with her lip between her teeth.

"Do you—like kids?" I questioned, taking Zara's from her. 

"Yeah, it's kind of a love-hate relationship, but they're okay." She smiled, leading me to where Zara would sleep for the night.

After getting the kids situated, Nyeemah was finally off the phone with Blair, while Malaysia was still on a call with someone.

"Y'all wanna watch a movie like the old times?" Nyeemah asked, plopping on the couch.

"Yeah," I grinned at the thought of the first time Zakari met my family. The thought was ruined when I realized Bryson was stingy her entire stay.

"Oh my gosh!" Malaysia croaked, getting off the phone sniffing with red, puffy eyes, and tears rushing from her eyes.

"A-Aaron is dea-d."

The terrible urge to end the book right here....