Chapter Twenty-Four

Zakari's Pov

I walked away from my room before taking Mariah in my arms. I was ready to go because my mood just got ruined. 

I started to walk to the front door before my shirt was tugged. I turned seeing it was Dominique.

"I don't wanna talk to you." I muttered before pulling my arm away from her and walking to my car. I strapped Mariah in her seat, quietly and slowly since she was fast asleep.

I sat in my driver's seat and looked over to see Dominique in the passenger seat. "We're talking whether you like it or not." She stated before buckling up.

I sighed, locking the doors and starting my car up, to drive to my house.

"Yes, I have a kid, but that's my business, not yours." She continued ranting while I drove.

"I'm aware, which makes my kid irrelevant to this conversation." I replied simply, not really caring. 

She grabbed my face, turning me towards her, "Why are you mad then?" She's lucky it was a red light or I would've kicked her ass.

She stared at me while I stared at her. My eyes diverted from her eyes to her lips. She was feeling the tension, so she met me halfway. Her lips touched m—Honk!

She rolled her eyes before sitting back in the seat. I couldn't help, but laugh since the moment was ruined. I continued driving home while Dominique stared at me. 

I saw from my peripheral that she was annoyed; it was cute.

I pulled up to my house and parked my car before getting out and grabbing Mariah. I walked to the front door after Dominique got out.

"Your house is nice." She complimented before walking in. "Thanks." I replied before walking upstairs to Mariah's room. "How'd you decorate it if you were with me?"

"I got some folks to do it for me," I responded, laying Mariah in her bed. I honestly forgot I told some people to do it for me because I was just going to tease Dominique.

Dominique followed me around the house while I paid her no mind. It was hilarious since she seemed to be waiting for something.

That was until we both sat on the couch together. She was still staring so I looked at her. "Can I help you Dom?" She cut her eyes at me before I reached for her face.

She closed the space in between with her body, before climbing on top of me. She sat in my lap, meeting my gaze with her deep brown eyes. 

She wrapped her arms around me before coming even closer, as if that was possible. Our noses were touching until her head started to turn. The warmth of her breath and soft lips almost touched mine until I put my finger between us.

"Don't you have a man?" She rolled her eyes, "No." She muttered about to move, until I pulled her back by her neck, crashing our lips together.

In the midst of us making out, there was a knock at the door. 

I was confused since Siara and I agreed that I'd keep Mariah, and nobody knows where I stay.

Dominique got off my lap, so I stood up and walked to the door. I looked out the peep hole, seeing a man impatiently waiting with one baby and a toddler beside him.

He knocked again, so I opened the door.

"Hello?" I looked at three unknown people in front of me.

"Is Dominique here? Her kids want their Mommy." He tried to look inside, pushing past me with the kids.

I looked at both kids, seeing the obvious resemblance, but the toddler looked around six years old which made me more mind boggled than before.

I shut my door as he invited himself in, and looked at Dominique's shocked expression.

"I thought you were on a work trip, Kingston." 

"Take your kids Dominique." He gritted while handing the baby to her, with the toddler already latching into her legs.

I didn't want the drama, not to mention I had my own kid to worry about, so I dismissed myself by going upstairs to Mariah's room.

She was awake, playing with some toys in her closet. 

"Mariah why are you up?"

"Playing with toys in my new woom." She responded, still messing with her Barbie dolls.

I sat against the wall watching her play, and at some point I started to play with her.

"No Ken, I'm not walking the dog!" Mariah stomped her Barbie doll, Gabriella on the floor.

"Well I don't want to walk to the dog Gabriella! It poops and I don't want to clean it." I played along, walking my doll away from hers.

"We're bweaking up. I liked James anyways." She dramatically walked away from me, towards the other doll.

A knock at Mariah's door made us both turn around to see who it was. Obviously it was Dominique, but she had the company of her two kids.

"Can we talk?"