Chapter Three

Dominique's Pov

Six in the morning was me, awake, and doing my hair. I impulsively started almost thirty minutes ago, and just went with it. 

It was kind of stupid knowing I had to go to the salon for a hair appointment in a few hours. Of course I decided I had the time and simply started.

So here I am.

"Come in," I announced to whoever was at my door. Seconds passed until I saw my mother fully dressed for who knows what. I mean it was a Saturday, it can't be work; I mean it can, but its the weekend. 

"Well good morning early bird. Why are you up so early doing your hair?" She asked standing in front of the bathroom doorway. "Impulsive decisions, and I have to braid someone's hair later at the salon. Why are you up and dressed?" I asked before diverting my eyes from her, back to the mirror in front of me.

"Oh, well I'm dressed because I have to meet a few clients for a house tour, and get some of that stuff situated." She paused which made me look at her for a moment, I looked back at the mirror seeing that she was on her phone.

My mom is a realtor, hence the early client meetings and house tours.

"I was also thinking about going to the movies tonight." I glanced from the mirror thinking of what I had planned for today. "That's fine wit me." I continued braiding my hair pulling out my phone to call Zakari. "The movie's a secret. You can bring friends if you want, but please tell Mason and Destiny when they wake up."

"Okay, I will," I opened Snapchat on my phone and kissed my mom goodbye. I replied to some messages from my friends before navigating to Zakari's contact, calling her. 

She surprisingly picked up, this time with a change of scenery. "Zakari that is a big ass cat," I exclaimed seeing a black and white striped Maine Coon. "I'm aware, her name's Maine." I rolled my eyes at her extensively creative name. "Great name," I stated with a chuckle. 

Zakari and I continued talking until I realized why I actually called her in the first place. "Zakari where do you live?" She looked at me with her head tilted. "I live in 213. Hollywood. What about you?" Still braiding my half done head, I replied, "I live in 310, Beverlyyyy." I sung out.

"Why you ask?" Before I could answer her, I heard another knock at my door. "Hold on," I told Zakari before telling whoever was at my door to 'come in'. 

I turned to the bathroom doorway to see my sister Destiny. "Good morning, I'm not even gone ask about your hair." She smiled before hugging me. "Good morning to you too." I saw both Zakari and Destiny peep each other which made me push her out the bathroom.

"Don't be shy Dominique, who is that?" She stumbled from the doorway with her hands on her hips. "None of your business." I laughed causing Mason to not only enter my room, but join the conversation. "Who's what?" 

I laughed at his half-asleep inquisitiveness. "Nique got a boo or sum." Destiny stated, obviously concluding the business that wasn't hers. "Who?!" Mason overprotectively tried to look at my phone , and failed. "Can y'all just chill out." I pushed him away and told them both to sit down. I told Zakari I'd call her back since they wanted to be nosy.

"First off her name is Zakari, two she's not my boo, Destiny." I glared at her before continuing, "I literally just met her three days ago." Destiny nodded with a squinted look sensing that there was more to what I just said. 

I know that dumb look.

"Okay, how y'all meet?" Mason started asking questions which made me scoff. "I need to finish my hair, so let me be." I ignored the rest of his questions continuing my hair. 

"Also we're going to the movies later. Mom said we can invite friends, and that the movie is a secret." I informed them, earning a nod. 

I looked at the time seeing that it was eight. The appointment was in an hour which caused me to call Zakari back, and braid my hair faster.

"Hello again." She stated still playing with Maine. "Sorry about my stupid ass siblings." She chuckled while grooming Maine. "I get it, I have m—Is that Dom??" I heard a male voice cut her off. 

I then saw a face pop in the camera. I assumed Zakari got her phone snatched which made me laugh. "Hello, girl my name is Aaron, here's my bestie Nyeemah. We're Zakari's only friends cuz this bitch is lonely. Also Zakari has a heart and a p—Move!" Aaron laughed after getting shoved by Zakari. 

"Dom call the police this hoe just assaulted me!" Aaron yelled wit Zakari walking away and shushing him. "Don't listen to him." Zakari muttered before her phone was taken once again. 

 It was by different guy, this time he had a lot of kinky-curly hair. It was obviously different from Aaron's locs. "Oh so you're the pretty girl on Kari's phone. I'm Micaiah, her brother. You're really pretty, bye." Micaiah threw Zakari's phone yelling, "She finna kill me, call the police!" 

Zakari popped back in the camera, this time running to her room. I could tell by the purple L.E.D lights, and the Notorious B.I.G poster on her wall. I peeped it on our Omegle call. 

"These folks play too dang much." She rolled her eyes. I had just finished my hair, so I wrapped it up before telling Zakari I was getting in the shower. When I got out after wrapping in my towel, I was surprised to see her still on the phone. 

This time she was on a computer with headphones in. "You have a pretty singing voice." I randomly heard her say while I was getting dressed. "Thank you." I felt a type of way since I never sung in front of people let alone on the phone.

After getting dressed, I realized I still haven't said what I originally called her for. "Zakari we live like a few miles away." I didn't think she was listening due to her headphones, so her reply caught me by some surprise. "Right, we do." 

"With that being said, would you want to go to the movies with my siblings and I? You can bring your friends, but my mom is coming, so its fine if y—I'll be there." She cut me off with a smile. "Just text me the address and time." I nodded, grabbing my keys and supplies for the salon. 

I stayed on the phone with Zakari during the drive, and told her I'll see her later when I arrived at the salon. My client had about ten minutes until her appointment's official starting time. 

When she arrived, and I started to braid her hair, I couldn't help but wish I was finished because my hands were already tired. Not even five minutes in, and I was already tired.

Damn. 

Best day to install extra small microbraids. Like they're already small, they can't get any smaller.