* * *

   "Wow your fingers are beautiful oh," a girl said to me while Larisa took pictures of the wire rings I'd made on my hand. I'd made only two snake rings, as I wasn't a fan of lots of rings on the fingers at once, and I planned to keep only one. The second would be for Willow.

The rings Iris made

The rings Iris made.

"Yes nah," another female voice agreed with the first. "All these models, dem. It's like there's a cream they used to use to make their fingers slim, long and fine like this. Me I want to buy oh"

I shook my head at the absurdity of that statement. The audacity with which she used to speak arrant nonsense was not a shocker to me, though. Honestly, I expected more from these people.

The breed of people you meet at camp eh.

"Done!" Larisa chirped after taking the millionth Snapchat video of my hand with different hypes. She was still acting weird though, but it'd been reduced to the minimum. "Maina will sha search for a perfect ring size oh"

Jesus.

Immediately she said that, heat spread across my cheeks and ears. I was blushing. I wondered whether anyone else could see it, but then I also wondered why exactly I was blushing and somewhat excited at the thought of Maina having to propose to me.

"Aww, she's blushing!" Larisa squealed, her camera was now pointed directly at my face, and I couldn't help but giggle softly.

"Larisa stop this thing nah" I whined, trying to bring down the hand in which she held her phone. "I have a boyfriend abeg"

There were "oohs" and "aahs" from the crowd of people gathered around us, as usual, when I said that. What I didn't expect however, was the next thing Larisa said.

"And so what?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at me. "The strong collect the weak's girlfriends. Abi you've not heard that one before?"

Jehovah Inuna.

Please what kind of girl is this? See me thinking she'll support Jared as per "Celebrity Goals", only to be proved wrong by the madness exhibited by the girl opposite me.

"Speechless?" She quirked an eyebrow at me in a mocking gesture with a sly smile on her lips. "I thought you'd be too". Her statement was complemented with a short laugh after which her eyes subconsciously drifted to the wristwatch on one of the girls' wrists, and her former joyful look was replaced with an anxious one.

For a split second, I swear and she was back.

"Larisa," I called, standing up from the seat and making to leave the classroom, just in case it was more comfortable for her to talk to me away from people.

As expected, the girl followed me, not saying a word, but anxiously twirling her phone in her hands. It was obvious something was up. 

"Are you waiting for something?" I asked when we finally got outside and into the vast grass field they had in front of the block. I turned my head to stare at the smaller girl beside me who now had a look of surprise and confusion, maybe, written all over her face.

"What?" She asked, looking at me suddenly with a shake of her head. "No! What made you think that? What would I even be waiting for sef? It's not like I have a date or anything".

I frowned at her while she chuckled nervously, finally bringing herself to keep quiet for a bit.

"You've been checking your time, and anxiously twirling your phone. It's obvious you're anticipating something"

Immediately, her hands stilled, causing her phone which she was formerly twirling, to nearly fall to the ground. She let out a shaky breath and slid the phone into her purse before giving me an answer, which was very much untrue, I must say.

"Oh.. actually," she stuttered, laughing nervously.

Nothing was funny.

"I actually ordered something from Jumia, and it's supposed to come today, I mean, since yesterday, but it hasn't come. And it cost a lot of money. So, I'm just worried. Yeah, that's it".

Not buying her story but deciding not to push it, I gave her a curt nod as we walked back to the refectory to wait for the others.

I only hoped she wasn't in trouble.

Hello! Humans!!

Has anyone been able to guess what's upping?? Anyway, don't stress it'll be revealed soon hehe.

Sooooooo, bye. I'm bored.

Ciao.

~💕✨