Chapter 10 ; Keep Driving

"Black and white film camera, yellow sunglasses. Ashtray, swimming pool, hot wax, jump off the roof. A small concern with how the engine sounds. We held darkness in withheld clouds, I would ask, 'Should we just keep driving?'"

The pool/beach day episode we didn't get! On another note, I wish it was easier to be alive and love writing. College has really been taking it out of me, which I thought I knew, but alas, I suppose that I didn't. I wanted to believe it could get easier, and maybe it still can, but I guess I will never really know until I try. 

Thank you, personally, for being so patient with this story. It's hard to stay motivated, even with things I love and just knowing that people care about what I write makes it feel much more tolerable. 

Here's your daily reminder!: You've got this and I believe in you. I am so proud of you for being able to get up out of bed this morning. <3  Just keep driving, sweetheart.

* * *

Camila was content and worried all at once. Now that she'd accidentally taken to parenting six children besides her one and only, she was beginning to notice how independent her teenagers have been lately. Despite having families in their dimension, the past few months have shown what it's been like for them in a time of war-like atmosphere. The kids were becoming more and more antsy to find a way home and yet, there was this silent worry that they would never get home. Camila knew that no matter what, they'd find a way back because Luz wasn't one to quit. However, despite trying to help them find where they could find their last major clue, Camila couldn't figure it out for herself. Now, today was her day off and she wanted to give the kids and herself a break ... maybe then, with clear minds, they could figure it out. Since it was now April, the weather was humid and warm, gentle breezes dancing through newly budded trees. The garden was full and green, thanks to Willow and her love for gardening, and smelled fresh from a light watering from the early morning. "Perhaps we should take ourselves to the beach today?" Camila muttered to herself over her cup of freshly brewed tea. It was 8 o'clock in the morning and none of the kids were up yet, or so she'd thought.

"Good morning, Camila!" Willow said from the middle of the stairs as she made her way down. Camila jumped a tad, but smiled regardless. "Ah, good morning mija. Why are you up so early?" She asked, setting her mug on the counter beside her. "Oh! I usually get up to make tea, I didn't think you were still here?" Willow said, returning the smile. "Si, I have a day off work today, so I didn't have to wake up as early this morning." Camila stated, before adding, "I also watered the garden already this morning, so no worries." Willow nodded gratefully as she reached up to grab two mugs and the honey bush turmeric tea that was practically empty. Camila took note that she'd need to get another can of it soon, and maybe decided to ignore that she'd grabbed two mugs. Soon her curiosity left as after Willow set the kettle on, a sleepy Hunter wandered down the stairs, wrapped in a blanket Camila had given him. "Two teabags or one this morning?" Hunter grunted, "two, please, thank you, Willow." Willow smiled and nodded before throwing two teabags into one of the mugs. Hunter then takes a seat at the kitchen island, but before settling his head on the granite, he smiled sleepily at Camila. "mornin', Mama-ila." Camila just cooed, "Aye que lindo, good morning mijo. Did you sleep well?"

The boy simply nodded his head while face-down on the counter and Willow giggled. Once the kettle had heated completely, Willow poured them in the mugs and put lots of sugar in one and very little in the other. Willow handed the heavily sweetened one to Hunter and Willow sat beside him with her own. Hunter finally seemed to gain consciousness after a few sips of tea and glanced around the room, his eyes landing on Camila's leaning stature. "You're not at work?" Hunter deadpanned, earning a small laugh from Camila. "Yes, I have a day off today." Hunter nodded and returned to his tea. Willow and Hunter continued to drink their tea until Gus also came sauntering down, his hair still in his bonnet Camila bought him. Camila took note at how precious he was. "Morning mijo, sleep well?" Camila asked. Gus' eyes lit up when he realized Camila was standing there, though he was still sleepy, he shared a happy smile with Camila. "Good morning, Camila! I did sleep well, a slumber meant for champions!" Everyone laughed at that as Gus struck a pose, flexing his arms. "Well that's muy bien, how about some breakfast for champions?" Camila said, setting her mug down once more to grab out the cereals and bowls. As the first three teenager dug into some cereal, the other three joined in soon. "Buenos dias, mama!" Luz chirped, giving her mom a swift side hug. Camila squeezed her back in return and made her way back behind the counter.