Chapter 7 ; Daylight

"If I was a bluebird, I would fly to you. You'd be the spoon, dip you in honey so i could be sticking to you. Daylight, you got me cursing the Daylight. Daylight, you got me calling at all times. Ain't gonna sleep 'til the Daylight."

Is anyone else crying about season three even if it's not out yet? Yeah. I'm devastated man. 

Also, just so it's reinstated, this is a fanfiction that has it's own plot and doesn't follow the same plot as the show besides what has already happened through out S1 and S2. At this point season three episode one just came out. I will not be able to see it or any of the episodes until it comes out on Disney+ so I ask that if you leave comments, keep them spoiler free until a while after it comes out on all platforms.

I love interacting with commentors and followers as much as the next guy, but I probably won't be responding to them until I finish this book. However, thank you for all of the love, you guys voting, commenting, and adding this to your reading list always makes my day. <3

* * *

Hunter has been interrogated heavily before, which always seemed more confusing for what it was worth. Somehow, being interrogated by Gus, was a worse confusion then he's ever felt. For about an hour into their seemingly early morning, Willow had gone out to the garden to work on it again with Camila. Seeing as the two were left alone, Gus begins to question Hunter about just two days before, when the group had been at the lake. Every time Hunter or Willow interacted with each other since they were alone on the willow tree, it was a mess. Gus has caught on pretty fast, not like he didn't see it before, but he thought that maybe Hunter could use some ... guidance. "Hunter, my guy, my fella-" Gus begins, rambling in a persuasive kind of way, "What's going on with you and Willow, man? Did something happen at the lake? Is there something you two aren't telling me?" Hunter blinked at him for a second, feeling a tad overwhelmed by the series of back-to-back questions. "Uh ... Nothing is going on? I mean, you guys did search for me and Willow is the one who found me? That was pretty up there on happenings, and no, I don't think there's anything I haven't told you yet." Gus stared incredulously, obviously doubting the older boy. Hunter noticed this, "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Hunter said crossing his arms out of insecurity. Gus had that look, that look that said he knew something Hunter didn't and Hunter did not like it. Gus takes a deep breath in and exhales dramatically.

"You like Willow." He stated, so blatantly like a well known fact. Hunter squinted his eyes at Gus, "I mean, yeah, she's my friend. What do you mean? Did it seem like I didn't like her?" There was a small moment of pause, Gus searching this dense boy for even a drop of sarcasm. When he sees there is no such emotion of amusement, Gus groans and facepalms. "You stupid, stupid boy." He begins, "Sure, you and Willow are friends, but there is so much more to it, isn't there? Do you feel the same feelies at me?" Hunter slowly felt more-or-less confused the more he pondered it. "No ... I don't feel the same way as I feel for you, for Willow." He pauses, his eyebrows scrunching together in thought, "What does that even mean?" Gus stares in disbelief, this poor boy hasn't ever had a crush has he? "Hunter, that's what we call romantic feelings. You do know what that means right?" With a shake of Hunter's head 'no,' Gus is sat beside him. The exasperation gone and now concern simmered to the surface. Hunter kept opening and closing his mouth, having a hard time finding the right words. "I-I ... I guess being in the emperors coven since the day you were created and trained for a destiny only you could fulfill, seems to leave romance out." He says with a bitter smile, "I mean, I read countless novels and books about romance, but I never thought any of that was realistic. You saw how my uncle showed love." Gus frowned deeply, finally having an stronger understanding of what his friends life was like socially.