CHAPTER 37: BACK-TO-BACK

Porsche

"Pete!!!"

The sound of Khun crying for Pete resonated throughout the house as the smoke drifted around.

In the afternoon, after finishing all the documents needed, and cleaning, we burned Pete's body. Tankhun fell down to his knees, crying and calling out for Pete's name. I saw his situation and felt deep sympathy.

I understand how he felt, as someone who has worked with Pete for a long time. They are almost together every day, twenty-four hours a day. It would be very difficult for him to accept that someone who has been with him won't be returning ever again.

Last night, we sent Pete's grandmother and grandfather back to Chumphon, their province. Tankhun promised to bring Pete's ashes to the island after the parting ceremony is all done, and he will soon follow.

"Yesterday, I forgot to burn a house and car keys for him. I want to send them to him."

Metal buckets were set up in front of the house, plus there were two tanks today. It was another day that Tankhun burned Gong Tek for Pete. He was afraid that Pete would be missing something.

"Hmm, that should be fine now. Do you have to burn Gong Tek everyday? That's enough, what are you mourning for so much?" Khun Korn's voice shouted and cursed his own son tiredly.

"And if he doesn't have a key? How will he enter the house of heaven?" Tankhun turned back to his father who only shook his head impatiently.

Right now, Arm and Pol were the only ones in front of the tanks. As for me and the others, stood by the front door and only looked at him in pity.

"Right now, I'm ordering my people to investigate what happened to Pete. I don't believe he's really dead." Kinn put his hands around my neck.

"Who else?"

Although I had a lot to think about right now, I pretend to be as normal as possible. This afternoon, I went to meet Athi and of course, a lot has bothered me quite a bit.

"I let brother Chan find him for me. I asked him to go and collect the surveillance cameras to retrieve the information around the area where Pete was found." Kinn patted my head softly. As he said, I still couldn't fully believe that it's Pete. As long as the DNA results haven't come out yet, but...

"My brother really was heartbroken. If it weren't for Pete, I can't even imagine the life he had become. Huh."

I looked at the brother he was talking about who was continuously burning papers incessantly. The emotions today were heavier than yesterday, with more than fifty guards on the house coming to stand in front of the iron barrel to mourn with us.

"Here, the southern curry paste. I let Aunt Prik pound it for you since this is your favorite. Go eat!"