CHAPTER 7: FIRST DAY

[PORSCHE POV]

I stood for a long time contemplating my life decisions before I drove straight into the Golden gates of Terapanyakun's house.

The guard in the front took my name and gestured me to park my bike on the side. I can only let out a lethargic sigh as I stared at the black-suited guys scattered in every corner of their house.

Why do they need this amount of men to work for them? What business do they run that they have to be this heavily guarded at all times?

As I enter the room, rivers of unfriendly gazes welcomed me. A Group of men glared and some act indifferently. I just glared back at them and make my way through the crowd.

"Oh, you're already here. Come with me."

As soon as my feet reached the door, P'Chan greeted me, holding a document with one hand and a cup of coffee on the other.

We walked past some rooms and it only made me realize that I will never get used to this place. The atmosphere is way too silent, heavy, and scary.

"Come in." I followed P'Chan to the room that from what I could see, is the Meeting room. Projectors, tables, and even the chairs are all lined up in an orderly manner.

"Hey, learn to greet your elders." said the guy that is picking up boxes and placing them on the table.

"Uh.. Sawadee.. khap" I raised my hand casually, but I still feel the tension in the atmosphere.

"Hey, was it true that you fought with Big yesterday?" P'Chan asked. "He started it." I replied curtly.

"Please refrain from fighting with our men, and at least try to blend in Porsche. Don't make it difficult for Khun Kinn."

Hearing that name only ruined my mood. He said his name as if he was an angel descendant from heaven.

"Sit here first." P'Chan gestured me to take a seat and I followed him.

"This is a gun and a knife. Whenever you are going out with Khun Kinn, take both of them with you. Wait you know how to use a gun, right?" P'Chan asked and I nodded. Besides Taekwondo, I grew up playing with guns, this would be just a piece of cake.

"And don't forget, your job is to protect Khun Kinn. Whatever it takes, you must keep him safe." He lifts the black box containing the gun and knife then gave them to me.

"But what if I accidentally shoot someone? Would I be arrested?" He handed me a gun as if it was just a toy. What if I accidentally killed someone? Would your Khun Kinn go to jail for me?

"Everything that happens to the people here, is beyond the law."

Are you clearly saying that Khun Korn has already bought it all? That much? What career do these people take to be that influential?

"Then at least tell me whom I should protect Kinn from." "Everyone. Everyone that dares to hurt him."

Wow, that was a.. uhmmm..

"The one who have debts with them, rivals, and many more." He added.

Great, just great! What a great way to describe the enemies that I would be facing. I really wonder what kind of business this house actually owns. At first, I only tried to save an innocent man, now I'm facing a bunch of troubles because of his family background.

"This family runs casinos, illegal lending trade, and some other businesses." P'Chan seems to know what I am thinking even without me asking.

Does he know how to read minds? Should I curse at him, it'll be awesome if he'll be able to hear it.