If there is an affair between Mr.Nocella and Maeve, there is no way Ava will keep her mouth shut.

After all, Ava Makee is the Queen Bee - and if the queen says it's true, it must be true or at least a portion of it.

Reputation.

Knowing how others view you can be hurtful, but work it the right way, it can be useful too.

"I got it," Shelbie replies, "But you do know Maeve won't be happy if she heard all of this and she somehow strings it back to you."

"She can string whatever the hell she wants," I responded. She can die in a ditch for all I care.

"You got balls, Ava," Shelbie responded. "I got it. I'll spread the news."

"Oh, and one more thing."

Shelbie chuckles softly, "What?"

"You're the best. You know that?"

"Oh, shut the fuck up. Bye."

"Text you later."

When the phone call ended, Trevon grabbed my arm, "Tell me everything!"

I move my arm away, "Why are you being so noisy?"

"So, I can also spread the news far and wide."

"To who? The chess club?"

Trevon glared at me, "Fine. I'll text Eli to know the truth."

"What truth? You sat there and heard everything."

"So, that's all?"

"Yes!" I responded. "And break up with Lyah!"

"What?"

"Break.up.with.Lyah."

Trevon exhales, "I don't know. I'm scared."

"Of who? Lyah? Galvin? Maeve?"

"What does Maeve have anything to do with this?"

I crossed my leg, "Okay. Let me summarize your current situation. Got your ears wide open?"

"Um- yeah?"

"Let's say everything Shelbie said earlier is true. Galvin is Lyah's ex-boyfriend. The boyfriend who had been going around hurting her other boyfriends. And let's say, somehow, of a miracle, he decided not to hurt you. What if Maeve found out her boyfriend, Galvin, is still obsessed with his ex-girlfriend, Lyah?"

"She gets slightly angry, but not towards Lyah's current boyfriend."

"Smart. You're right. The person she will be mad towards is Lyah." It's incredible how a person's brain works sometimes. You're not angry at your partner; rather, the person your partner is cheating on you with.

Luke.

Shit.

Mina.

Double shit.

"But, once the rumors go around that Ava was the one who snitched how Maeve broke into Mr. Nocella's house. How do you think she would react?"

"Angry?"

"Yes, but towards who?"

He points at me.

I smile, shake my head, and move his finger toward himself.

"Me? Why me?!"

"Because, Trevon Makee, the boyfriend of Lyah. The girl who her boyfriend is obsessed with. The brother of Ava. The girl who snitched on her. Do you not see it?"