Perhaps it was because we had no other knowledge of what our lives could've been like if we had another sort of race living amongst us.

But now, those persisting thoughts would have to be put on hold for the moment as I was going to have to deal with the inevitable threat that lay before me in the form of a young alien-like male that appeared to be in some sort of warrior armor.

If only I could examine it at a closer range to truly know for sure if the alien was a warrior or simply an explorer.

But I had no knowledge if the being was dangerous or not and I had to assume otherwise or else, Zion and I could find our heads being sliced off at a moment's notice.

"Such an unusual creature….Come with me, cousin, we must observe from a safe distance."

I ordered my cousin to follow behind me once more as I stealthily snuck my way back into the treeline that barely crested over the outer banks of the gritty, textured sand.

Zion, blessed be the oblivious fool that he was, trailed behind me like a child that was lost inside the depths of the Kingdom and it's all too overwhelmingly familiar, gold encrusted Palace.

He almost made a noise of protest, as maybe he thought I would be more receptive to hearing this complaints now out of all of times he's complained before, but I silenced him with a hard stare as I cocked my head towards the strangest of celestial beings that had dove into the lake with the graceful of an animal half its size before the unknown creature began to paddle in a series of short, uncoordinated bursts of movements that expended energy faster then the creature could refuel it.

And I wasn't already confused enough as it was, this being was perplexing me with its strange ways of using and storing energy, as it may be.

Instead of conserving what energy it did have, the being chose to expend most of it on paddling to the shoreline and if my brain wasn't already contemplating the chaotic meaning of this being's abrupt arrival, I would've had plenty of time to hold back a fit of rambunctious laughter, as this being was too entertaining to just simply watch idle by with no complaints whatsoever.

But when the being crawled upon the shoreline, I could feel the tension radiating through my muscles as I visually scanned over the armor cloaking it's body, looking for any points of weakness or a defective kink that I could use to my advantage for leverage if the being proved to be dangerous otherwise.

That's when I realized that the creature could be carrying a weapon of it's own and when I noticed an uncovered weak spot just beneath the ribcage of the creature, I was quicker to whip out my bow and arrow and to fire one smooth precise arrow laced with a certain sedative to stun the creature into submission before it could attack my cousin and I once it regained some of its senses.

The creature let out a screech of agonized pain when the arrow pierced its skin, blood the color of the brightest jewels tucked away in the faraway mountains oozing out from the edges of the shallow abrasion that was rapidly escalating into a deep, cutting wound.

A ping of sympathy radiated in my chest, I hadn't meant to completely paralyze the creature with pain but I had to keep it still or otherwise, I'd be risking the lives of not just myself or my cousin but the millions that inhabited our planet would be at risk for death from this creature alone.

And so, when the creature struggled to move once the arrow pierced through it's flesh, I stormed out of the hiding spot that I had placed Zion and myself from receiving too much damage if the creature did attack though it seemed very unlikely now that it was paralyzed for the time being.

But who knows how long that would last for.

We had no way of understanding this specimen and until we found a way to communicate with it, we had to react before the creature could do something deadly.

Which meant tranquilizing it for the moment.

"Zax, wait! I don't want to approach that….Thing! Whatever it may be!"

Zion half whispered, half yelled but I was too far gone to listen to his complaints, my heavy feet stomping across the gritty sandy shoreline to grab onto the throat of the squirming creature and push it down further into the sand, the species letting out a wild gasp as its claws attempted to yank off my hand while its eyes, brighter than any of the natural colors embedded into the depths of my home planet, burned up at me with fury, confusion and shocking realization that I was different from its species.

And the creature was indeed very much so different from my own kind.

"Z! You're going to kill the thing if you keep holding it down!"

Zion hissed from his secluded spot and I cocked my head with curiosity as I stared down at the young individual gasping and struggling to pull air into its windpipes before I eased up just enough for the creature to breathe as, with some applied pressure on certain points beneath the base of its skull, the creature's eyes snapped shut abruptly as its limbs lost the fight to the sudden pressure change.

I knew that it wasn't dead, the chest and rib cage attached to the creature and hidden beneath the armor was still rising and falling with steady breaths, I had merely coaxed it into a peaceful, albeit brief, state of a dreamless mind.

"It shall be just fine, Zion. Come, we shall take it back to our campsite and keep it for questioning purposes when it decides to wake up."

I said loud enough for my cousin to hear before I stood up and began to drag the sedated alien-like body back in the direction of our campsite.

Because if I couldn't figure out where this creature came from right at this moment, I could give myself a bit of time to prepare for the questioning that was about to ensure once this being arose from its slumber.

And in the meantime, I had questions to prepare for the interrogation.

Feel free to comment, like and share, y'all!

-Ro♥️