𝐗𝐈𝐕. welcome to her enemies

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐄𝐒.
014────location. the camp.
.   °  . ● ° . ° :. ° . ☆   .
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

REESE FEELS MORE ALIVE despite her brain feeling like it could shut down at any moment. It was almost as if the weight of her eyelids became too heavy to keep above her eyes, and her head felt too heavy for her neck.

   Keeping her eyes open was one hell of a job.

   That night had been restless for Reese, as always. Literally and metaphorically, she was tired. Reese was tired of life. She sits in the darkness whether it's the cold of the comforting night or the darkness that haunts her and fills an endless void in her brain.

   But at the end of the day, it didn't matter. Because everyone was tired, and she was tired of it all.

   She hadn't gone back to the forest. In fact, most of the camp had been thoroughly lively throughout the night. Some delinquents had retreated to their cots which were either in the dropship or their individual tents.

   Reese thinks she would probably die before sleeping among medal walls with people who━━not only snore━━but kick others. Not like she slept anyways, but Reese preferred the silence until it became louder than the gunshots. Then, she didn't mind being around people.

   The beautiful night grew colder. A night that Reese couldn't compare any others because she didn't know what was to come or remember the past nights of her rivalry with her head. She couldn't remember the beauty of Earth or how beautiful the moon looked shining brightly among the Ark that shone soft light onto their camp. But, she remembered the five words Jasper said to her. Those five words were implanted in a special section that repeated like a music player again and again. Like how she remembers the exact sound of the gunshot, Jasper's voice is ringing in her head.

   If only she could wash away everything. All she wanted to be was a new person, but her pain had betrayed her. And her advice to Blake as well as Monty (she thinks) didn't end up working out for her. She felt so stupid for saying something that didn't work out. She told them that the pain in the Ark wasn't worth suffering for, and how this was a chance━━a chance to start fresh as everyone was pardoned for their crimes.

   Her anger, fear, and everything she bottled up were set off by John Murphy, and it was the worst mistake she's made down here so far.

   Others in the camp gave her looks, or she thinks they are. Like all their bugged eyes are staring daggers worse than the bullets Blake shot out of his eyes━━right at the back of her head when they didn't see. But, Reese understands why. They're so guilty about their own reasons for getting sent down here, that they need to talk about someone else's because it doesn't make them sound like a total ass.

   Of course, she would be the one replaced in that name.

   She always thought she would share a tent with Octavia, as the two have become close. But, Octavia's lack of confrontation made her stomach churn with guilt. Was this all in her head? Because if it was, then why did it feel like everyone was ignoring her? She wanted this, didn't she?

   You don't realize how much you need something until they're gone.

   So, where does Reese decide to go?

   Monty and Jasper's tent.

   Their tent was crowded, but cozy during the cool night. Monty was nowhere to be found, who she could presumably assume was working in the dropship on the upper level, as Jasper sat on his cot.