𝐗. scars for stories

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒.
010──── location. the cave.
.   °  . ● ° . ° :. ° . ☆   .
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

    SHE STARTED UP IN a coughing fit, choking on her own breaths with the sudden urge to gag as bile  ran up her throat forming more tears in her eyes. Someone's patting her on the back as the tingle in her throat subsides and there's a cold hand on her arm and it's so cold she can't take it. It was too much.

    She moves away from the person, only hitting her head smack dab on a fucking wall, but that's cold too and everything's cold

    "Hey━hey," Someone tells her agilely. "Reese you're okay, it's okay—"

    "Is she okay?" A small voice pipes up, one that Reese is almost relieved to recognize as she looks around where she is. Her eyes adjust to the dark and she sees━well, rock. The cave is so small that the three were only inches away from each other.

    "I'm fine." She croaked, raising her hand to where she felt a sting on her head and pushing Bellamy's hand away with the other. Damn the damn walls.

    As Charlotte sits beside her, Reese gives her a reassuring smile. "You okay?"

    She smiled too, and what Reese could count as a laugh. "You almost got hurt, you shouldn't be asking me."

    Her gaze stayed trained on the girls, and in defeat; Charlotte sighs. "Yeah, I'm fine."

    "Try to get some rest," Bellamy told the girls, shifting from where he sat on the opposite side of the cave. "We have to be ready to leave when the fog clears out and we won't be able to see through the trees at night. We have to wait it out."

    Reese slumped down miserably, her back hitting the cave wall where the cold shocked her already frigid skin, knowing she wouldn't get any sleep tonight━at all. Even if she wanted to, there was no way the brunette was willing to keep the others awake for her attempt at getting rested.

    The three's heavy breaths mangled together were almost enough to even comfort Reese to the point where she started feeling herself get dreary━getting more difficult to get her eyelids to stay open.

    Instead, she lifted her arm to her stomach, and gently pinched the skin there to keep herself awake. Not in a million years would she make a fool of herself in front of anyone━to make her seem weak.

    That's not who she wanted to be. Her mother told her she was strong and she could already feel how much of a letdown she was towards the woman she loved most. The pain couldn't bring her down, and though she may not be the bravest person ever, that's what scared her most.

    It's also what Reese did to cover her pain and hurt. She snapped at people under pressure and said things that━not necessarily help━but kept her awake at night rethinking if that person took it the wrong way or if she was joking. Like how she put undesirable tension between the two Blake siblings, or how she snapped at Murphy and Blake in the forest yesterday. All those things she shouldn't feel guilt for━and she didn't━just until now, of course.