Chapter 2

During lunch, Gary sat down at a lone table, scanning the lunchroom for anything interesting. He saw Ash trying to carry his tray and a few books by himself, and chuckled at his clumsiness.

Gary stood up, walking over to the slightly shorter boy.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

Ash nodded, scrambling to catch a book that had slipped.

Gary caught it, and yanked the other books out of Ash's grasp.

"Hey!" Ash whined.

"I'm not a thief, I'm helping you," Gary sighed, walking over to his table, and setting the books across from him.

Ash hesitated, before following and sitting down.

"So, what's your next class?" Gary asked, absentmindedly fidgeting with a spoon.

"Drama," Ash explained.

"Drama? You take that?" Gary snickered a bit.

Ash's eyebrows furrowed. "I like acting..."

"Just don't become one of those snobby actors," Gary reassured.

"Of course not," Ash scrunched up his nose, at the thought of him being stubborn.

"Well, what do we have here, Gary?" A feminine voice trailed over them. "Got yourself a boyfriend?"

Gary looked up at the red head. "He's not my boyfriend. Just because I'm bisexual, doesn't mean that I'm in love with anyone I talk too."

"Are you sure?" She hummed.

"Shut up, Misty," Gary spat out.

"Well, you still got some feisty attitude, I see?" Misty scoffed. "See, this is why I broke up with you."

"You broke up with me because you're a homophobic-"

"Misty," A honey-blonde cute in. "Let's go, I think Professor Sycamore is eyeing us..."

Misty sighed. "People like him ruin everything," She tossed her smoothie to the side, as it splattered all over Ash, before stomping away.

"What the heck!?" Ash shrieked, as the fruity juice dripped down his back, causing him to shiver.

"Come on. Let's go clean you off in the bathroom," Gary grabbed Ash by his forearm, and dragged him to the bathroom,

In the bathroom, Ash grabbed lots of paper towels.

"You should probably take your shirt off," Gary suggested. "Don't want any sticking to your skin, and causing you to smell."

Ash blushed immediately. "I-in front of you?"

Gary put his hands up defensively, with a blank face. "I never said that. You're welcome to go into a stall."

Ash nodded, and dashed into a nearby stall.

Gary took out his phone in the meantime. "Huh?" He clicked on an email.

He pumped his fist into the air, just as Ash was exiting. "Did something happen?"

"I got an internship," Gary smiled.

"Oh, that's nice! What is it?" Ash said, tucking in his black shirt

"At a hospital. Says I'll be like a doctors assistant," Gary explained. "Do you have a job or anything?"

"Not yet..." Ash sighed. "I'm too young."

"Well, what kind of job do you want when you graduate from high-school?" Gary asked.

"Some type of teacher, probably in elementary or something."

"I see, I'll see if I can find anything," Gary offered. "For when you come of age."

Ash smiled fondly at the auburn. "Thanks."