CH:29- The Heart Want What It Wants

Começar do início

"What about Abhimanyu?" Karishma thought after hearing Haseena but didn't say it out loud, "or, I misinterpreted."

Riya was surprised at the turn of events, she looked at Karishma who was sitting with her hands in her lap. She watched her friend's face closely for the first time in the morning which was carrying the tiredness of the centuries. She slipped her hand into Karishma's lap and intertwined their hands together, to reassure her, that she was there for her.

Karishma glanced at Riya gratefully and then at Bi whose eyes were carrying millions of questions.

"How will we find a groom in just seven days that meets your criteria?" Zayan participated in the conversation for the first time, however, he earned a glare from both Bi and Riya, "What?" He shrugged off his shoulder, "it's a valid point," he took a bite from his plate in order to avoid his wife and his mother's heated gaze.

"You are right, Zayan," Ammi spoke in agreement with Zayan, "do you have anyone in mind, Haseena?" She looked at her daughter lovingly.

"I don't," Haseena responded and for the first in the entire conversation, their eyes met, "you will choose, and, I'll marry," she continued to hold eye contact with Karishma, "but, I don't want a huge crowd, a simple wedding with close relatives," she said while pushing her plate away.

Noor Jahan looked at her daughter, "Is everything okay, bacche?" She asked politely this time.

"It was you who wanted me to be an example a few days back," she got up from her chair, "now, I'm just doing what you asked me to do, what's the problem?" She bent down to pat Picasso who was lingering onto her feet for quite some time, now.

"I have a few boys in mind," Zaya paticipated again, "I'll send you their pictures," he looked at Haseena and then at Ammi.

"Haan Zaroor!" Noor Jahan responded while still lost in her thoughts.

"Aur ek baat," Haseena stood behind Karishma's chair, "Karishma Singh is moving out of the house," she placed her hand on Karishma's shoulder and pressed it a bit harshly, "isn't it, Karishma Singh?"

"Ji...Ammi," Karishma fumbled a bit, "I was thinking of moving out," she held Haseena's hand which was on her shoulder, "but, I'll stay here until maddam sir's wedding," she felt Haseena pulling her hand from her grip, "I misunderstood few things," she saw Haseena moving towards the couch, "I need to clear them before I move out," she continued to stare at Haseena who was leaning on the couch with her eyes close.

"I don't understand a word you are saying Karishma," Ammi looked at her confusedly, "did Haseena say something to you?" She glanced at Haseena, "and, where will you go?" She asked, concerningly.

"Ammi!" Karishma knelt before Noor Jahan, "maddam sir didn't say anything to me," she peeked at Haseena who was sitting in the corner unperturbed, "it's my own decision," she smiled melancholically, "I have some inheritance from my parents, it will suffice," she held Noor Jahan's hand between her hands.

"Lekin," Noor Jahan, persisted.

"Aap pareshan maat hoon," Karishma glanced at Haseena who was walking out of the house, "I'll handle everything," she said while getting up and moving out of the house.

Noor Jahan turned her attention towards the table where everyone else was watching them, however, Zayan was too busy to stuff his mouth, "Salma, we should start looking for boys," She said nervously, "this girl scares me so much sometimes," she looked at her friend, "before, she changes her mind, let's get to work, shall we?" She glanced at the table except for Zayan, no one else nodded their head in agreement. 

______________________________

On the other hand, Karishma was about to stepped out of the house when Riya's voice stopped her, "Karishma!" she stood between the half-open gate, "What is it?" She asked, irritatingly.