Chapter 27 - college

"Y/n L/n!" My principal announced as I went up to the stage, shook a bunch of hands, and took my diploma. Wow. I'm graduating.

I feel like it was just yesterday when I made it to East High. I met all my friends. Auditioned for the show. Now, I'm going to NYU where I got a full ride on an acting scholarship - which is kinda close to EJ which will be nice. Nini is going to Wake Forest University in North Carolina and majoring in applied mathematics. She wants to be a teacher. She'll be close by as well. Ricky is going to Amherst College in Massachusetts and majoring in economics. Kourtney is going to Stanford in California and majoring in sociology. Big Red is going to Georgetown University in D.C. with a philosophical logic major. I know right, you'd never think of Big Red as philosophical guy - but here he is.

After the graduation ceremony, I went outside to meet up with my parents and saw EJ who was standing next to them in a cute polo. I ran to hug him tightly, "hey baby!!!!"

"Hi darling!!" He smiled down at me and quickly kissed me.

"I've missed you."

"Me too." He smiled. "I'm here for te summer though! And then, we'll only be a few hours away from each other."

"Yes! It'll be great!"

I had my grad party the next week, and spent the summer with EJ, Nini, Ricky, Gina, and Kourtney. We did all sorts of things including going on a summer road trip all together. My parents and I went on a vacation to California for a few days as well. It was a really great summer.

-
About 3 months later

"NYU, girlie. That's crazy." Nini said. Gina and Nini were at my house to help me pack for college. We helped Nini pack a few days ago. Kourtney left last week for school. It all feels so surreal. I can't believe I'm going to college.

I giggled, "yeah, it's unbelievable."

Gina grinned, "Ahh, I wish I was going to college now instead of next year so I could be in the same boat as y'all."

"G, don't worry. It'll fly by. And we will do a Group FaceTime every night."

"Ooh that's a great idea." Nini exclaimed.

"Thank you, thank you." I bowed as we all giggled. We're becoming adults. I can't believe it.

"Sooo...how are you and ej doing?" Nini drew out her words.

"Good! Great, actually! I'm so happy that we're still together. He's amazing, and so sweet. I'm really glad that next year I'll be a little closer to him. And Nini you'll also be close. It'll be nice."

"Don't worry, I'll be at the wedding." Gina smiled.

"Oh, don't even talk princess." I said, quoting the nickname that Jack uses for Gina. "Jack is totally in love with you."

She giggled, "it's only been a few months, but I do actually think...I think that I love him."

"AWWW, GINA!!" Nini and I screamed.

She laughed, "you guys are so boy crazy."

"You secretly are too, bae." I said with a laugh.

"Nini, how's your relationship with Ricky?"

"Good, good. He's not ready to go long distance - I can tell, but I think it'll be good for us. I hope we can withstand it like you and ej did, y/n."

"Yeah. FaceTiming and texting. That's all you can do." I shrugged.

After we finished packing, we laid in my bed and watched Ghost from the 80's. It was really cute. And sad. That was our last sleepover before college. Maybe our last sleepover...ever.

-

The next week

I am leaving for college today. Gina and Nini came by my house first. I took one look at them and felt tears welling in my eyes. We had a group hug as I said, "You guys promise me that we'll always stay best friends, okay? You both mean the world to me."

This made Nini sob more, "we will always stay friends." Nini said as Gina nodded.

"I'm gonna miss you both so much." Gina cried.

I laughed through the tears, "it's okay, it's okay. We'll make it through. And we'll stay best friends."

"Always." Nini and Gina said as I gave them one last hug.

EJ had pulled up behind them and was leaning on his car like a hottie, waiting for our moment to end. Nini laughed through her tears as she saw him and said, "okay, okay. Go talk to your boyfriend."

"I love you guys so much." I sniffled.

"We love you too." Nini said.

"Group FaceTime every night." Gina cried.

"Every night." I smiled softly, waving to both of them as they walked back to their cars. Nini isn't leaving for a few days.

EJ walked up slowly, holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." He replied, handing me the flowers. "These are for you."

I blushed, "thank you."

"So, now we're only going to be a few hours away so I feel like it'll be easier."

"For sure!! We can visit each other a lot." I smiled.

"Good luck in freshman year." He smiled at me as we both sat down on the step outside my door.

I leaned my head on his shoulder, "thank you, baby."

"You're a college student now. So old." He giggled.

I laughed, "thank you, ej. You're a sophomore in college. So old."

"I know, I'm really old." He laughed and then said, "Y/n, look, I love you so much. You're the best girlfriend-no-best person on the planet. I love your energy and personality. Not to mention, you're stunning and out-of-this-world-talented. I love you so much, y/n. I really do."

I turned his head gently to face mine and kissed him softly on the lips. "I'm gonna marry you one day, EJ Caswell."

"I'm gonna propose one day."

"What if I propose first?"

"I don't know, I guess we'll have to see who does it quicker."

"Yeah. It's a competition."

"You're so cute." He grinned.

"Me too. Once we get out of college we can move in together and, uh-"

"Get married!" EJ said quickly.

"Yes, yes, of course. Then we can have kids."

"Mhm, mhm. I like kids."

"Me too. Especially if they look like a combo of the two of us."

"For real, we're going to have hot babies."

"Mhm." I nodded and giggled. "I love you, EJ."

"Love you too, y/n."

-

After moving into my dorm and meeting my roommate. I was finally ready to be an NYU student. Wow, I'm seriously starting adulthood.

a/n: OMG YALL WE WERE NUMBER ONE IN HSMTMTS FOR LIKE A WEEK

THIS IS TOO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALLLLLL

PS WHO HAS WATCHED SEASON 3 EPISODE ONE 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️

IT WAS SO CUTEEEEE

ALSO ONLY ONE MORE PART TO THIS BOOK 😭😭😭😭