Chapter 8 - the date

*y/n pov*
I didn't dress up too much for the date. We're literally just getting pizza and watching a movie. I just wore some leggings and a light purple crewneck.

My mom was excited for me. This is my first date...

My dad was also excited but more in a 'this ej dude sounds suspicious. Who goes by their initials? You're just watching a movie right??' kinda way. I confirmed to my dad that ej is a perfect gentlemen and that we are just watching a movie.

Ding dong! Speak of the devil.

I walked to the door to answer it.

"Hey eej!!" I said as he smiled and turned around to see me. He was wearing a slick black jacket and jeans.

"Hey y/n!" He said hugging me. "How are you?"

"I'm good! What about you?"

"I'm doing good as well." He noticed my parents. "Hi...you guys must be y/n's parents."  He said shaking their hands. "Oh! I brought you guys a fruit tray. If you want it." He said simply. I blushed a little, that is so thoughtful of him.

My mom smiled at this, as my dad stayed stoic. "That is really sweet of you, hun. You guys go have fun."

I smiled, at least one of them approves. I grabbed ej's hand as we headed upstairs to my bedroom. Once we got up there I said, "That was really hot ej."

"What?"

"Giving them the fruit tray."

"Oh, it's nothing. You're the hot one."

I giggled, "I'm gonna order the pizza, you look through Netflix and tell me if you see anything." I said while heading to the hall to order it, as ej sat down on the edge of my bed.

After ordering the pizza, I came back in my room. "Should be like 15 minutes before it gets here."

"Sounds good." EJ smiled. "I have no idea what to watch. You should pick, it's your house."

"You're the guest."

"You asked me out."

"You're the hot one."

"NO, you're the hot one." We laughed, as I slid onto the bed, and started scrolling through Netflix.

"Hmm...what about this: To All the Boys I've Loved Before. It's a rom-com. It's so cute."

"Sure." He laughed, "we can watch that, but we have to watch the first Star Wars movie after."

"...fine. I'll probably fall asleep anyways." I giggled.

He smiled as we both got comfortable on my bed. I sat with my back on the headboard, and ej laid up against the headboard with a pillow. I started To All the Boys.

A few minutes into the movie, the doorbell rang as I went downstairs to answer it. I was surprised to see, not the pizza, but...