Chapter 7 - popping the question

*Y/n pov*

Gina got me thinking. What if ej did like me? I mean, it seems like he does, but I don't wanna mess up our friendship. Maybe I'll wait for him to make the first move. But then again, who waits for men to make the first move nowadays.

-

After all of my classes I headed to rehearsal for Beauty and the Beast. I was thrilled but also very anxious because tech week is next week. I know right? It went by so fast. Tech week goes until 7pm every night. So what if I did ask ej to hang out tonight? It's our last free weekend for almost 3 weeks with tech and then the show. I mean, he did ask me to marry him.

"Hey, eej." I said as he walked with me to the auditorium. Today we were doing the crew watch, meaning that the tech crew would watch our show for the first time! I was pumped, but also our first audience...that's scary.
"Hey wifey." He replied. "We're married now, remember."
I laughed, "yes I forgot." He chuckled. "Ej, I wanted to ask you something."
"Yeah, what's up y/n?"
"Well..."
"There you are lovebirds!! You guys need to get on stage. We're in places!" Nini grabbed our hands and pulled us to our backstage places. I laughed, "Let's talk later," I shouted as ej went to stage left and I ran to stage right. He blew me a kiss and ran to his place.

-

I was getting anxious even though the crew watch was over, and we did amazing!! But now, it was time to...dUHN DUHN DUHN...ask out ej. Yep. I'm gonna do it. Yes. Yes. Yes.

"Hey!" Ej said, running to me. "You did great." He said hugging me.
"You too!!"
"Do you need a ride?"
"Nah, I'm good."
"Let's go then, my love." He joked.
We started walking down the hall to the parking lot where our cars were waiting.
"Ej," I decided to just get it off my chest. Rip it off like a band-aid. If he doesn't feel the same way...then his loss, "I was wondering if you wanted to...um...hang out tonight?"
"Like a date?" Ej asked.
"I mean..." I shrugged, "yeah. It could be pretty chill...I just wanted to...y'know...ask."
He started smiling and I saw a red tint on his cheeks, "of course I would y/n! If you can't tell I like you...like a lot." He laughed, "I thought it was pretty obvious."
I let out a breath and smiled at him, "okay, cool."
"Okay."
"Okay...see you tonight then?"
"Yeah." He smiled, as he walked to his car. I don't think he knows that I saw him do the little arm 'yes!' thing. It was adorable.

ej to y/n 😚:
So where we going?

y/n to ej 😎:
i was thinking movie and pizza at my house?

ej to y/n 😚:
Sounds amazing 💕
See you then!!!!

y/n to ej 😎:
yayy!!