Chapter 1 - the first day

Y/N L/N was a new student at East High School, going into her second semester of junior year. She was excited, but nervous. A new school, a new town, new friends, a new semester. It was a lot to take in.

Y/n pov:
I walked in to East High where they filmed what used to be one of my favorite movies, high school musical. I asked around for where the choir room was because it was my first class, but most people ignored me, which started to get very annoying. I almost just started to wander around. I asked one last person, "hi, do either of you mind pointing me to the choir room? I'm new here."

"Of course! I'll walk you there!" she said.

"Thank you so much!"

"Go ahead to class babe," she said to a boy I assumed was her boyfriend.

He nodded, and kissed her on the forehead. "Love you, Neen." He smiled.

She smiled back, "love you too."

She started leading me to the choir room, and introduced herself. "I'm Nini by the way! Junior. You are?"

"Y/n...also a Junior"

"That's great! We might have some classes together! So here it is, I'm going to go, but the teacher is great, and you can just ask her for directions to your next class.

"Okay, thank you so much!"

"No problem," and just like that she started walking to her next class.

When it was finally time for lunch, I had no idea where to sit. That was until Nini called me over to her table. "Y/n, over here!"

I had been nervous that I would have to sit alone. Nini is one of the only people I've talked to today.

"Everyone this is y/n! Y/n this is EJ, Gina, Ashlyn, Big Red, Carlos, Seb, Kourtney, Ricky, and you obviously know me."

"Uh...hi! I'm Y/n. Thanks for letting me sit here I really appreciate it. I just moved here like a week ago."

"Of course!" Ashlyn said.

I smiled and sat down next to Nini and Ricky (I recognized him as the boy from earlier).

"So y/n, you auditioning for the musical? It's beauty and the beast!!" Nini asked.

"Maybe...I'm not sure. I love musicals, but I feel like it might be too much, since I just moved here."

"You totally should! It's so fun. We were all in high school musical in the fall," Seb said.

"That's so cool!! Who was everyone?" I said.

Gina said, "Taylor"

Ej said, "Chad"

Ashlyn said, "Mrs. Darbus" then laughed.

Red said, "tech, but I'm auditioning this time!"

Carlos showed me a picture with him holding a plaque that said choreographer. "My proudest moment."

Seb said, "Sharpay"

Kourtney said, "understudy for Taylor. It was scaryyy."

Ricky said, "Troy"

And Nini said, "Gabriella!"

"Dang, we got the whole cast here!" I said.

Nini laughed, and I smiled back. This seems like a cool group.

We talked until lunch ended. They added me to their group chat. It seemed like EJ was staring at me, and I absolutely did not mind. He was very...good-looking. Nini pointed me toward me next class.

"Thanks again, Nini. You've been so great today." I said as I gave her a small hug.

"Of course! I'm excited to get to know you!"

"I really appreciate it."

She laughed and said, "it's no problem at all, really. I gotta get to us history, I'll see you later."

I waved to her as she walked away.

I headed to my next class, AP biology. I saw EJ sitting there. He smiled when he saw me, and I waved. He patted the seat next to him indicating for me to sit there.

"Hey!" He said.

"Hey EJ!!"

"So how's the first day of East High?" He asked.

"Good as it was 10 minutes ago, when I saw you," I laughed and so did he. He seemed nervous. "Does someone sit here?"

"Nope, I think we're getting to pick new lab partners and seats because it's a new semester"

"Ah, makes sense...any chance you'd want to be partners?"

"Yeah, I would love to!"

"Phew, okay. I was worried I was going to have to talk to more people." I joked.

He laughed and nodded, "By the way the teacher is so scary."

"Aren't they all?" He laughed again and smiled at me.

The teacher came in, and stared at me.
"Hello class. Today we have a new student. Introduce yourself, then we will get started." I widened my eyes at EJ, and he gave me a thumbs up making me laugh lightly.

"Umm...hi everyone. I'm-"

"Miss y/l/n please stand up to introduce yourself"

"Oh ok..." I stood up letting out a breath.

"I'm y/f/n and I'm a Junior. And I like musicals...?" I questioned not knowing if that was good enough for her.

"Ok, sit down."

"Okay..." EJ puts his hand out for an almost silent high-five and mouthed the words "good job." I make a face and mouthed the word "thanks".

I ended up sitting by EJ and becoming lab partners with him.

"Need me to walk you to your next class?" EJ asked.

"Yes please! I did not want to ask her." I poured my lip.

"I told you! She's crazy!"

"I'll make sure to believe you next time you say something like that," I laughed, and he joined me. We talked and walked to my last class. AP Lang.

"Here we are!" EJ smiled, and I nodded.

"Thanks, ej! I really appreciate it."

"Anytime." He winked at me, and I felt my face heating up. I'm sure we looked like idiots just standing, and staring at each other for a moment.

The bell rang. We walked away from each other and waved.

Saved by the bell.

I saw Gina, and sat down by her. "Hey!" I say.

"Did you and ej come from chemistry?" She asked me.

"No, bio." I responded.

"Are you sure? Cause I'm pretty sure I saw some sparks there."

"Pfft, shut up." I rolled my eyes, and she grinned.