Chapter 3

A couple days had gone by and Xisuma was doing well with recovering, although it was going to be his first time actually leaving bed rest and spawn altogether. It was the day he would be allowed to explore- as long as he brings someone along- and go live with Grian at his empire.

Xisuma still can't get used to the fact that Grian was an admin of this server and still a young teenager at that time. Something he may never forget if he was ever being honest. Nor would he ever get used to everyone calling him 'Xenrus' now. Or the fact this server is in beta. How was Grian able to do something such as this? He may never know.

Anyways, he glanced at the set of clothes and a strange earpiece, since, without his helmet he would need something else for a while. His very damaged helmet (which was irreparable, hence why it's a mask now) was a lost cause unfortunately. Although he still wondered if it was even fine for him to take it. He didn't want to feel like a burden. He wasn't entirely sure why he felt like this, but he just didn't know what to do. He had been able to do nothing while everyone worked to help him adjust to this server. With a soft huff and a gentle smile, he picked up the clothes and changed into his new outfit for the time being.

*

By the time he finished changing, he took note of how very comfortable and soft his new outfit was. 'Huh, I wonder who made my outfit.' He mentally wondered with a soft smile. He glanced at the strange ear piece and put it on- only to be startled when a transparent visor suddenly appeared. However, it amazed him how such a thing was even made from just an ear piece, he wondered if he could activate the visor at will. Which he soon learns that he can.

Anyways, once he made sure that he was all ready, he left the room- startled to see Martyn was waiting for him. "Wassup." Martyn casually greeted, smiling at the startled look Xisuma had on his face when he saw him. He got a glare in response. "Why were you waiting for me outside the room so ominously?" Xisuma questioned, Martyn shrugged. "Just thought it would be funny, plus I was chosen to be your escort to Grian, the so-called 'Empire'." He explained as he left the building, Xisuma was quick to follow.

But he was puzzled, why was Martyn chosen to take him to Grian base?

"Is there a reason why you were chosen to take me to Grain Base?" Xisuma asked, quite curious, but at the same time, puzzled on why Martyn specifically. Martyn hums, thinking of a response, he supposes he doesn't blame him for being so confused since he hasn't really visited, but still. "Well, most likely because I haven't really seen Grian base. I just heard that it was far and in the ocean."

Xisuma stepped back, startled. An Ocean?! So far from spawn?! His mind thought in utter surprise. He didn't take Grian to be an actual literal Hermit! Although he shouldn't really expect the things he knows about him to be the same. "Shocking isn't it? Grian goes far to collect the things he needs to build his base. Ends up being a hermit in the process, but at the same time. He is just that explosive, but prankster of a admin and friend we all know and love." Martyn explained to him with a fond tone, shaking his head with a smile. "Now come on Xenrus, I can answer more of your questions on the trip there." He then said as he led the way to the railroad system, which was something they both don't seem like they want to use, but have to if they want to get to Grian base quickly.

As much as Xisuma wanted to question the very much glitchy minecart that he swore had glitched and rolled away, yet at the same time, he rather not walk a long distance. Even though he really hopes he would never have to see it again when sprinting comes back again.

Regardless, Martyn was correct about the trip being quite long. To fill the empty silence during it, Xisuma asked Martyn quite a lot about everyone, Grian in particular. But his response was...strange.

"Grian? Well, there isn't too much about him really. All we know is that he's just a high schooler that left for personal reasons a couple of years ago. Heck, from what I heard there's rumors that his name isn't even Grian! As well as the fact that he was an Admin and lead builder for another server soon after he got out of highschool."

To say the least, Xisuma and apparently everyone, don't exactly know Grian as well as they all would have thought.

This made Xisuma wonder what could have caused him to be so very secretive to the point they had to change their identity.

"Oh! There's Grian base!" Martyn called out, startling Xisuma out of his thoughts, he looked over at the end of the rail system and saw it was a small little train station of some sort and a path leading into the ocean. If he was being honest, he was impressed with how Grian managed to do something like build underwater in beta. Heck, even draining the water to build must have taken a long time really. "I never expected Grian to build something like this, especially so far." He commented as he got out of the minecart- with Martyn help of course. Who nodded in agreement.

"Yep! Even I'm impressed by this, but to be honest. Grian can be a bit...explosive for a lot of us to keep up with, so we usually do our best to keep him safe and at the very least sane by visiting often." Martyn comments as he leads Xisuma to where he guesses Grian is at. The basement level of the ocean base. Xisuma was half listening and half distracted by the huge amount of clay and snow that was used to build the entire ocean base. Even though it was one of the limited building blocks that at least looks good, it was still impressive to see in a time like this.

By the time they both found Grian, Martyn patted him on the back and said his goodbye, leaving. Xisuma sighs as he walks over to Grian. "Uh, Grian?" He called out- stifling a laugh at the yelp Grian made, he turned around and huffed. "Why hello there Xenrus, I see you arrived here safe and sound right?" He asked, Xisuma nodded, he was still hesitant at the name, but he was getting used to it. He nodded, rubbing the back of his head. "Yeah, Martyn was the one who brought me here, but..." He trailed off, quite nervous.

(Author Note: Xisuma outfit for this would be changed a bit often as time goes on)

Grian answered quite happily, which concerned Xisuma quite a bit, but reluctantly sigh. "Well, if you say so." He replied, still so very unsure- then he noticed the platform of flowers and a face carved into the stone. "Grian, is that a summoning platform?" He questioned with confusion and concern, Grian just smiled. "Don't worry about it Xenrus, nothing important! I been meaning to get rid of it actually-"

"GRIAN! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOUR GONNA GET RID OF THE SHRINE YOU MADE FOR ME?!"

Xisuma yelped at the sudden shout and Grian jumped in surprise, they both turned to look at the entrance. Grian huffed and Xisuma was confused. "Taurtis, It served its purpose in bringing you here, I have no other need for it." He commented.

The newly revealed Taurtis rolled their eyes, then noticed Xisuma. "Is that the Xenrus guy I heard about from the others?" He questioned, Grian nodded. "Yep! You two socialized, I'm gonna go do some last minute work on the room you will be staying in Xenrus." He said as he casually walked away, leaving Xisuma and Taurtis to talk.

However, what Taurtis said made Xisuma freeze.

"So Xisumavoid, what are you doing here in Evolution Server? In the past no less."

*

Author Note: 

Huh, wondered how Taurtis knew who Xisuma really was and how he wasn't from their time. 

-Aria_Guardian