Petrichor

Contemplation blurred. The girl with the uneven braids looked around, in the background she saw a large industrial building surrounded by known figures and many explosions. She had made it.

As she took her first step, she flew to the ground without resistance. Her vision was slowly blurring and the exhaustion was getting to her immensely.

"N-No, I can't give up." - her thoughts circled.

She gathered the last of her strength and stood up, rising and heading for the corporation.

-

,,Shit, what an dumb idea" - [Y/N]'s hand smoked and flashed wildly.

The reddish barrier around him protected him from the external attacks of the DEM staff and soldiers.

[Y/N] was startled when he was grabbed from several sides at once. The attackers giggled wildly and clung to him, he had no chance to escape.

In front of him immediately stretched a puddle from which stepped a girl with a red and black dress in gothic Lolita look.

Four more of these figures appeared in front of him, there were now five in total, alone only in front of him, they all looked at him.

One of the five spoke: "Hihi, i thought it would been easier this way, but you like it the hard way yes?"

She stepped closer and [Y/N] lowered his head and spoke: "Then do it, kill me and take it from me."

She giggled and put both her hands on his cheeks: "But no, that wouldn't be fun!"

She came dangerously close to him. Just before she could do anything, they both noticed something behind her. She heard the sound of a risen gun, even what type especially.

She turned around and they both looked into the face of a nearly powerless girl with pitch black hair. Her eyes almost fell shut, but she still spoke her words clearly loud:

,,You wanted to know the truth, didn't you [Y/N]? See it and don't forget it again, yes? Please, [Y/N]." - A dark aura gathered in front of the barrel of the flintlock pistol and it roared: "Zaphkiel, Yud!"

A shot broke and flew through [Y/N] and the girl in front of him.

It hit them both in a line and [Y/N] lost consciousness.

The clones retreated, leaving only a single Kurumi of the past. She rose slowly after the shot and looked quite worriedly at her image from the distant past.

,,You have failed, haven't you? It happened. That's why you came back here." - she called out to the hyperventilating Kurumi. She dropped her gun and lowered her head. She collapsed and gasped.

It took less than half a minute for her to fall to the ground and mumble a few words before she too lost her consciousness.

The only one left sighed heavily: "Now I have to protect you both...alright. Hurry up, I can't keep it steady for long." - She looked up through the red barrier that held them together and safe. She looked into the eyes of a girl with golden hair and a battle suit.

- - -

,,Hey, heey, Kurumi wake up."

The sleepy girl with long black hair opened her eyes and looked her friend in the eyes.

She fell asleep in the class. The girl named as Sawa fumbled back and forth, waiting until she was completely sane.

Then she led on: "Come on, let's go home."