Where We Are

,,White ceiling, oh how I hate it. Uncomfortable bed and medical-smelling air. In the infirmary again. When will it stop?"

[Y/N] trudged out, barefoot and with a sickly look. He looked through the halls, no one far and wide. He doubted himself:

"Do I even exist?"

-

Almost like a ghost, he lowered himself back to the scene. It was cold outside, the lights of the "buried" city of Tenguu as bright as usual. No sign of the extent of a fight, [Y/N] assumed he had been in a coma for at least a week.

His mind and spirit changed over the years. Before, he did not know what to do with himself, he hated everything.

His right eye, covered with a patch. He took it off, but still couldn't see anything with it. Emotionless, a tear ran out of his eye.

He had enough of being driven by despair and never being understood. His hand clenched into a tight fist.

Even though he always saw himself as scum, one thought never left his mind. He wants to banish this sadness and desolation of this world forever and bring hope. Even if that would mean his end, he would have to do it.

But probably this is only a doubt of himself. The only thing that really mattered to him was the person who had gotten him out of there. Two people, one secret.

He remembered something, remnants of a past. He had protected someone, something he would never have thought could be possible years ago. His doubts questioned whether he really was that person. Reincarnation? Rebirth? Or something else.

His legs began to tremble, he fell to his knees and squeezed his head. He was desperate.

"It has to stop, I can't take it anymore."

He would do anything to remember that.

,,This world is empty, a lie. It can never be the right one."

But in the end, it was decided for him. His next steps are clear to him. His power was enlightenment, this power that should never be given to people. A force that could destroy even all the evil of the world.

He promised himself something.

,,You knew it from the beginning. It's a mystery, why you never told me. Probably because you didn't want to let me suffer. Probably I left you, at that time. Do not worry. I promise you, I'll go back and change whatever happened. I'll save you and everyone else. Even if it costs me my death, again."

-

A few hours passed, the day dawned. [Y/N] had set off, passing an old house full of memories, a moldy forest and....a school, rusty and decayed. [Y/N] stood outside its gates, holding the bars.

,,A mirage, like a dream. These memories, with Kurumi. Only a facade. You wanted to start all over with me. But you forgot the consequences....i died, right? I died long ago, and yet you let me relive it all, let me live a different life. I don't get it. Nothing."

The morning breeze blew leaves away and the air was clean. Orange spread out across the sky and the sun appeared, slowly giving off the warmth.

Over 20 minutes passed and 2 people, about the same height and in the same school uniform, almost missed the thoughtful boy when one of them stopped.

"Huh, Shido?" - a rather sturdy girl with dark purple hair questioned the action of her comrade.

The boy stopped and looked at [Y/N]. His blue hair blew in the morning breeze, his mouth tried to move, but in vain. The girl became curious and threw herself in front of him, asking what was going on.