t e n

Barasho horteed ha I nicin

~Get to know me, before you reject me~

MANDEEQ

Mandeeq and Amana stayed where they were. Amidst the silence, the water felt colder around Mandeeq. She couldn't help but to be upset about what happened. She didn't understand why Shermake is so invested in his own emotions, as if he is the only one experiencing this pain, the anxiety of not knowing what has happened to your family. Despite her quirks and 'out of the box' way of thinking, Mandeeq is much more rational than she may seem to others. Although there is room for creativity when inventing it also comes with its own rules and every tool she used has its own purpose. As crazy and unorthodox her methods may be she never once thought about her abilities as something to be used at all. She had tools to fix anything that broke and that was enough for her.

Mandeeq and Amana stayed where they were in silence, each of them lost in their own thoughts, their worries. Mandeeq's eyes darted around the room, she rose and swam around, rummaging through Amana's belongings.

"What are you doing?" Amana asked. She didn't sound angry or annoyed. Mandeeq collected herself realizing how rude she was being.

"I am very sorry. That was rude of me. I was looking for any loose parts or anything that needed to be fixed. I just need something to do." Mandeeq said as she sat back down slightly embarrassed at her rudeness.

"It is okay. I take no offense but you are a weird one." Amana said with a hint of amusement in her voice. Mandeeq relaxed with a small smile on her face. She let out a huge sigh and slumped her head down. Mandeeq looked up and saw that Zahi returned to Amana's side. Zahi gently swam forward and laid his head gently on Mandeeq's shoulder as if to comfort her. Mandeeq gave a small smile and gently patted his head. Zahi moved his head and revealed Shermake behind him.

He came closer but stopped as he could clearly see the anger on Mandeeq's face. Mandeeq rolled her eyes at her cousin. Of course he came crawling back, after all that commotion about not trusting mermaids and here he is looking regretful.

"Well, out with your apology then, waan ku sugayaa." Mandeeq said. Her eyes closed, head faced away from him and arms crossed.

Shermake scoffed, shook his head and took a deep breath.

"Raalihow cousin. I said too much." Shermake said. Mandeeq turned to him and scanned his face for any sign of dishonesty. She couldn't find it, from what she saw his apology was sincere. Mandeeq looked over to Amana and then back to Shermake. He huffed and hung his head low, Mandeeq knew how hard it was for him to even be in her presence but if this change in him was real he should prove it now. Shermake pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"I do not trust you mermaid and that will not change. However, I do not know what to do." Although that wasn't an apology, Mandeeq could see that it pained him to say it. To admit he needed help from anyone let alone a mermaid took a lot out of him and she respected that.