We have a past

Beginne am Anfang

He kept changing the slides while moving closer to me. He placed his hand on my arm and then stopped at the next slide. Tears began to pool in my eyes as I saw the familiar picture of the couple on the screen. "I am sorry love for taking so long to find you. Have I known that you were related to me, I would have brought you home long back." Ae said.

I didn't get even a word he said about being related. I began to cry seeing the smiling faces of my parents. This picture was engraved in my heart because it was the only one I had back then when I was staying with granny.

"I know this is going to be all new for you but you need to know this, we are related. My mother was your father's cousin. She married my father and then she had to break all her ties with her family and then, it was only your father who was left for her to look at as a family, her aunt, who was your granny that raised you, didn't like it. So she warned your father not to have any contact with my mother but he was not ready to leave his only cousin sister behind and secretly kept in touch with her. And that let to his death.... Your parents were killed soon after mine because they didn't want to have anyone left behind. Earlier we thought that it was all plotted by the rival gang – headslayer and we took revenge on them but as per the recent information, they were just pawns. This whole plot was of a 15 year old who thought my parents were involved in the death of his father and it was none other than Max." Ae cleared.

Even though my cheeks were stained with tears, I was left completely shocked hearing the whole story about my and Ae's parents. Ae changed the picture again and this time I gasped because it was of my parents with Ae's parents.

I couldn't hold back anymore and began to cry loud. This was more than hurting to even realize that my parents didn't just die in an accident but they were killed just because they were related to someone belonging to the underworld. Why Max had to be so cruel towards me? Why did he killed innocent people just because he lost his father?

Ae wrapped his arms around me trying to calm me down, he was whispering sweet words and trying to divert my mind and attention. Learning that your parents death was not actually a death but a murder was more than hurting.

After sometime, I managed to control my sobs and then noticed Ae sitting beside me. The place was quiet and I looked around to find that it was only me and Ae inside the room. The presentation was stopped and the lights too were turned on.

"H-how did y-you come t-to know about t-this?" I asked in between sobs. I still wasn't able to digest the fact. "Well, there is someone who has witnessed everything and wants to take down Max. He tried to contact me and then I went to see him with some of my guards. He gave me the information about all this and also stated that Max had killed his only heir. The one who was meant to ascend him, his only son from his deceased wife. He wants revenge and also, he knew about our parents. And then, he told me something you didn't know about." Ae replied.

"What d-do you me-mean?" I asked. "Well, after your parents died, he was the one to save you. He had his people take you away from the house before it was set on fire so that Max would not hunt you down. He then sent his people to call your granny. He did it because your father saved his life ones and he wanted to repay him back. When your granny arrived, he told them what had happened and instructed her to leave the place immediately with you and never to return back to this city. Your granny was heartbroken but also she knew that she had to hurry up and leave the place. She took you back to the rural area where you spend most of your childhood." Ae narrated.

Now it was more than clear why I didn't have my parent's photo except the one which Ae had shown. All the evidences were destroyed so that Max would not be able to trace me. "On the other hand, he tried to help us secretly not actually letting us know. He knew that Max would try to kill me and Can and he had his people watching over us. Recently, when Blue was killed, he celebrated. He was happy seeing Max go through the same pain as he did." Ae said.

My head began to spin with all this information, I was finding it difficult to hold up. "Ae...." I whispered while trying to lean into him. He got cautious and immediately pulled me against him letting my head rest on his shoulder. Then I heard the faint sound as he called for Can and instructed him something. Ae tried to keep me awake Till Can returned.

After sometime, the smell of orange began to fill my nose but I was finding it really difficult to raise my head. Then, I felt something against my lips and I heard Ae saying drink it. I tried to look down and saw a straw placed on my lips. I weakly sipped the drink while my head still rested on his shoulder.

I managed to sip some amount of the drink and then whispered enough. Ae placed the glass aside and then moved to pick me up. I can hear Can and Tin inquiring what's the matter and Ae just told them that we will continue later.

He walked out of the room holding me gently in his arms and carefully making his way towards the main house. I was still feeling dizzy so my head was resting against his chest as he moved. I had the dizzy images of being carried from the main door towards the stairs and then finally arriving at our penthouse.

Ae carried me into the bedroom and lay me down on the bed and then slipped next to me. The comforter was pulled over me and the pillows adjusted to make me feel comfortable. The temperature of the air conditioner too was raised a little so that I won't feel much cold.

I didn't know when I felt asleep but when I opened my eyes, Ae was looking at me with concerned face. "Are you feeling better??" he inquired. I shifted a bit to rest my head on his lap and then hummed in response. He gently began to comb his fingers through my hairs. I didn't speak anything because I didn't know what to speak.

The new information did made me feel a little disheartened and then I felt the urge to throw up. I pushed the comforter aside while rushing in the direction of the bathroom. I managed to get there in time and then, my stomach was all empty. Ae rushed inside after me trying to help me. I was too weak to move so he helped me get up and then carried me towards the basin to rinse my mouth with water before he carried me back to the bedroom. I feel so sick right now.