Fate or luck?

Pete's POV:

(Continuation of flashback....)

"You will have to pay for what you did. Just see what we will do to you when we are done with our business." The person whom I had stabbed with pen threatened. I can see what was coming my way when I saw him lifting up a rod.

My shirt was torn apart and I screamed out loud in pain. "Leave me!! Leave me!!" I cried while trying to pull my hands from the firm grip but my strength was no match to theirs. I can see him inching close while licking his lips. "I'll teach you what happens when you disobey me." he said while grabbing me harshly and throwing me on ground.

My hands and legs were tied up leaving me to wriggle on the ground trying to free myself from the strains. They were looking at me and laughing while enjoying the show. Soon, my legs were grabbed in a harsh grip and I was pulled back and flipped to lie on my stomach.

One of them got over me and began to kiss my skin making me feel disgusted with myself. I was crying and screaming for help but there was no one around for my rescue. "I will make you feel the pain 10 times more than you made me feel. I will make you feel what it feels like when you are stabbed with something." He barked in my ear and grabbed my hairs pulling my head back harshly. They were now torturing me to enjoy themselves and to take the revenge.

I was trying my best to free myself but nothing was helping. I can feel his filthy hands touching me everywhere. My screams were resonating through the place along with their evil laugh. I felt his hands over my waist and soon, my pants too were ripped off leaving me in just boxers.

"That's a pretty good sight. We are going to enjoy ourselves.'' The person said. I can hear the click of metal and the sound of zipper being pulled and I knew exactly what was waiting for me. I felt him tugging at my boxers and I began to thrash around to escape. I knew already that there was no hope left for me now. For one last time, I closed my eyes and screamed out loud calling for help. I knew that there won't be anyone who would come to my rescue. May be this is my fate..........

The next moment, I heard 5 gunshots before everything went silent. I felt the heavy weight over me but the person wasn't moving. I was not aware about what has happened. I opened my eyes and tried to look over my shoulder and saw a silhouette of a young man at a distance.

He was holding a gun in his hand and smoking a cigarette. From what I could see, he was wearing a large overcoat. He began to walk towards me and I held my breathe. If he finds out I am alive, he might kill me too as I witnessed him killing this people.

I prayed internally that he should leave after checking that these people are dead and not come to me. But since luck had already abandoned me, it happen exactly the opposite from my expectation. He didn't even spare a glance at them and walked straight to me. He threw the cigarette aside and then crushed it with his toe before bending down towards me. He pulled off the guy lying on my back and began to untie the ropes.

"I didn't see anything and I won't tell anyone about this. I wasn't here and I don't know you. I swear not to utter a word about this to anyone. Please don't kill me." I pleaded. He didn't say anything and continued to untie my hands and legs. Once he was done, he pulled off the over coat he was wearing and covered me up.

I was scared beyond limits but something about his presence made me feel safe."What were you doing out here so late night? Don't you know that this place is not safe?" he nagged. "Well, I just lost my job and then my house... This people tried to molest me in the restaurant where I was working so I asked the owner to help but he didn't help. I stabbed one of them and escaped from their clutches. When I arrived home, the landlord had thrown my luggage out of the house since I couldn't pay the rent for two months. I pleaded to him but he just asked me to leave. I tried contacting my friends but there too, I didn't have any luck. Then it started to rain so I stayed here for a shelter. And when it subsided, I thought of finding a place to stay for tonight but I was so tired , exhausted and hungry that I couldn't continue to walk so ended up sitting on the bench. And that is when this people found me. I tried to escape from them but they were stronger than me." I narrated.