31 A New Star Student?

TW: Verbal Threats
Meanwhile…
Reina soon found her way to the school, saying nothing but "No" and "Not again, please" on her way there.

She was panting when she stopped right at the first window she came across. A window that she didn't know was of one of the rooms that were designated for third-graders.

She still could not understand why the school is still called Ever After High even if lower years have been added in the school's program, as per requirement of the Empress to lessen the need to build more schools in a certain area.

"Can you tell me what these runes mean?" the teacher, a middle-aged woman dressed in robes, asked the students as she pointed to a set of scribbles on the board.

"Darkness can only be defeated by light," the students answer in unison.

Reina, with wide eyes, stepped away from the window. "No! Blind obedience!" she exclaimed as she tugged on her hair before running towards the window of another room.

This time, it was a general class taken by eighth-graders.

"Pop quiz!" yelled an old woman, who was also wearing robes, as she roamed around while sitting on a floating stool.

The students all took out pieces of parchment and a pen in silence.

"Who declared the first…"

Reina stepped back again, not wanting to hear the question at all.

"No!" she whined, putting her hands on her head. "Pointless busy work!"

She ran towards another set of windows. And there she saw it.

On the far end of the room, a hooded girl was dropping some type of potion onto something that was lying on the desk. And electricity erupted from the object, which she guessed was a mirror judging from the amount of flashes.

"NO!!" she whined as she backed off the glass surface. "WHYY SCHOOOOL?!!"

She then dropped on her knees.

She knew that she should have told Maddie earlier that she would try and teach her what she knew.

She knew that she could have at least tried to explain what dangers in school and its system she was referring to.

And at that, she knew that she should really have at least tried so that she could prove to Raven that living with and learning wild magic is much more worth it than being stuck on studying one track.

But it seems like there is no turning back for her now.

So, with a slumped figure and a frown that rarely appears on her face, she walked back to the forest and slowly made her way back home.

~~~

Maddie, Raven, and Cerise all walked out of the room with small smiles on their faces.

Well, Maddie was actually grinning like she had won the lottery.

"My first potion, and we aced it!" Maddie cheered, trying to keep her tone down to not let anyone know that she is not actually a student. Or even a human, more so.

"Yeah we did," Raven said.

Cerise only gave the two a shy smile as she hugged her hextbooks.

They decided to walk to Raven and Cerise's next class, after Maddie insisted to Raven that she should go with them as well.

"Miss Hood!" Professor Rumpelstiltskin's voice took their attention.

The three girls turned around, simultaneously swallowing.