16 The Next Day

Deep into the night, Maddie laid on her bed, asleep. But it seems that she's not having pleasant dreams.

She uncomfortably tossed and turned on her bed over and over. Not that it wasn't comfortable to sleep on. But the dream that she was having was.

They were flashes of what had happened the day before. Or, what she thought happened the day before.

"Ha! Gotcha now!" she exclaimed, chasing after the two ravens.  She then saw that she was inside a gray tent.

Kitty waved goodbye. "Charm you later," she said, still smiling as she disappeared.

The woman chuckled again and climbed up the desk. "I am Reina Queen, the Evil Queen!" she declared, getting the attention of passersby. "The most powerful sorceress in the Land of Ever After!"

"What's up? The name's Crow," the bird spoke as it saluted at her with its right wing.

"That's your castle?" Maddie asked, eyeing the structure in front of her up and down.

"Off with your head! You think you had it bad?!" Lizzie spoke up from her cell.

"Thank you," Darling said before putting her helmet on, pulling her visor down afterwards.

"I-I'm Madeline Anderson. But you can call me Maddie." She smiled. "And you are…?"

"Raven, Raven Queen," the black haired girl responded.

Then everything faded into white.

Maddie abruptly sat up with a gasp as sweat trickled down her temples.

'Was it all a dream?' she asked herself.

But upon looking around the room she is in, she smiled.

"It wasn't a dream!" she cheered, throwing her fists up as she hopped off of the bed. She quickly made it and skipped over to her luggage.

She took out her clothes and headed to the bathroom. After taking a shower and brushing her teeth, she skipped back into the bedroom and got dressed.

She put on a purple shirt, a pair of mint shorts, and her purple sneakers. She also tied a mint hoodie around her waist.

She then skipped over back to her luggage as she brushed her dried hair. She took out a box of tea and took out a packet, whilst stealing a gaze out the open window.

The sky was a gradient of dark purple to bright orange, indicating that she had woken up before sunrise.

She zipped her bag and set the brush down on the side table, putting on the hat hair clip on her hair.

Maddie then stepped out of the room and tiptoed down the stairs, not wanting to wake up anyone. She continued her journey to the kitchen. And when she saw that no one was around, she went ahead and took out a kettle.

After filling it with water, she placed the kettle on the stove and turned it on.

"Hey," a male voice spoke from behind Maddie, startling her.

"Gah!" Maddie yelped as she turned around, her hand doing a slapping motion as a method of defense.

"Woah!" the talking bird with a purple and blue sleeping cap on its head yelped, moving away from the girl's hand. "Careful!" he whispered after dodging. "You nearly threw me out of the open window."

The bird nodded his head towards said window.

"Oops!" Maddie whispered. "Sorry, but you startled me, Crow." She then leaned back against the countertop.