20 Joining Forces

Reina and Raven watched as Maddie walked up the stairs to her designated room. And that was when Reina saw the look on her daughter's eyes. She immediately knew what the teen was going to do.

Before Raven could follow the tri-colored-haired girl upstairs, she grabbed her wrist.

Raven looked back at her. "Let go of me, mom," she said, trying to pull her wrist from the woman's grip.

"I'll let you go. But hear me out, just this once. Okay?" Reina asked.

Raven rolled her eyes and then nodded.

Reina let go of her daughter and crossed her arms. "Tell me exactly where you got that map."

Raven placed a hand on her hip. "From a woman named Ms. Sugarplum, one of your clients."

Reina furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Sugarplum?"

"That's what she told us. She even made us stay and have a snack at her gingerbread castle."

Reina put up a finger. "Gingerbread castle? But there are no castles in Book End."

"But the address--"

Reina snapped her fingers, summoning the checklist she made for the deliveries that day. She looked up and down, stopping at the one where the two teens were supposed to deliver a vial of 'Video Message Potion'.

All the other addresses had names with them, to know whom the potion was for. But there was one that had no name and that one address could only refer to a meet-up spot, not an actual address.

21st Twist Street, Book End

"I could have sworn there wasn't anything in that place," Reina said, looking at Raven. "That leads to a clearing at the outskirts of town."

"I know," Raven responded with a huff.

Reina clapped her hands twice, teleporting the both of them into a library inside one of the towers of the castle in a flash of dark purple light.

"Tell me about this prophecy that she told you about," Reina said as she stepped towards a shelf with the name card 'Prophecies' nailed onto it.

"It's about this magic sword blah blah blah… Saving the world blah blah blah…" Raven said.

Reina frowned as she scanned the titles on the spines. "I need the exact prophecy words that she told you, not the details."

Raven groaned, hinting that she's starting to get annoyed. "She didn't say anything that can be the exact words to a prophecy."

Reina sighed. "Stand back," she said. "I'm going to cast a spell."

Raven took three steps back.

Reina held up her hands in front of the shelf and began to chant.

Reina:
On this shelf I cast,
A spell to seek,
A prophecy that lasts,
Requires a sword, a key,
A human will wield a power so great,
To save the world from cruel fate.

"Why a key?" Raven asked just as dark purple mist began to come out of her mother's hands and onto the shelf.

Reina didn't answer, putting all her focus on the seeking spell.

The mist covered the entire shelf, then it sipped into one book. The mist-covered book flew out of the shelf and onto the podium at the center of the room, making dust disperse from its browned golden pages.