"Steve!"

⚠️Warning: Angsty stuff, vol2 spoilers (technically), swearing, yelling, death of a loved one, basically a shit ton of angst.
                                                           Location: Steves house
                                                                time: 10:49 am
           "So...during when we were in the van, and the upside down," Eddie started, making direct eye contact with Steve. "What about it?" Steve asked, turning around. "You were staring at my lips?" Eddie asked. He raised an eyebrow. "Huh?" Steve stared, his cheeks reddening as the seconds passed. "You totally were dude," Eddie insisted. "Was not," Steve denied, causing a slight bicker between the two. "We need Robin to sort this out," Steve declared, although, he didn't exactly know if Robin would actually be on his side or not. Anything to keep the conversation going, though. Every time the room went quiet things were awkward between Eddie and Steve. Not exactly an uncomfortable awkwardness. Steve knew he felt something for Eddie. Eddie knew he felt something for Steve. It was just, the two of them? Eddie Munson, and Steve Harrington? It was a shot in the dark. Well, at least at first it was a shot in the dark. Right now though? Right now, it might've been a bullseye.  There was nothing really stopping the two from getting together. They just hadn't talked about it, and, who knows if they will or not. But fuck, did they both hope they did.

     Eddie had dozed off at this point. And Steve was a man with a plan. He grabbed the make up bag off of the counter. Jesus, would this be funny to him. I mean yeah he was a little old to be pulling stupid pranks, but Eddie was the man he spent all of his time with. And he wanted to spend more time with him. God, did he want to spend more time with him. Steve giggled quietly as he started applying the makeup to Eddies face. The thing was, Steve had no idea how to do makeup. Like, whatsoever. Steve could feel his smile widen as he remembered who he was putting makeup on. The only time Steve had ever felt like this was with Nancy. But Eddie and him would surely end up differently than him and Nancy did, right? Right. Him and Eddie have never even argued during the time of their whatever they had. Steve couldn't handle the thought of losing someone he was so close to. Not again. Eddie had comforted him through all the times he could. The time they spent with each other was more precious to Steve than anything else he owned or had owned in the past. He could not give this up. But in the end, it wasn't his choice.

     "Steve!" Robin shook him. "Huh? what?" Steve responded, looking around him. "Where's Eddie?" He asked again, feeling something soft beside him. "Eddie..right. Steve.." She started. "Oh. Right," Steve looked down at his bedsheets. "...The dreams again?" Robin asked, putting her hands in her pocket. Steve didn't respond vocally. He just nodded sadly. He could feel his eyes start to water. "Look, I know it's difficult right now but-" she tried to comfort, yet to no avail. Steve wasn't listening, He just squeezed the stuffed animal that he had picked up from beside him. It was all a dream. He had been dreaming. Steve hadn't forgotten about Eddies death, he just was still in a state of shock. Nobody had really recovered yet. Nobody that knew him well enough, at least. Steve knew he didn't know Eddie as well as Mike, or Lucas, or Dustin, but he knew he had loved him. If he hadn't, Eddies death wouldn't have hurt him so much. The image that Dustin described to him was glued to the front of his mind. "Can you uh.." Steve asked, looking over to Robin. "Right, yeah, of course. I'll meet you outside," Robin said, walking out the bedroom door. Steve stood up from his place on the bed. His room looked empty. Dustin had been with Eddie in his dying moments. If they had just never had that stupid plan, if Eddie hadn't turned around to distract the bats for longer...Steve could feel hot tears start to pour down his face.  At this point, Steve had decided he needed to suck it up. Eddie wasn't coming back. He'd never come back. Ever. There were people who needed Steve to be positive. He opened the door to his closet, examining the options. He looked over to the back of the door, There it hung. Eddies jacket. The one Eddie gave him. He promised to himself to never throw it out or give it away. Ever.

      Steve took the jacket and a black sweater down. Maybe, just maybe, if he pretended like Eddie was still here with him, was still here to help him, it'd give him the ability to get through the day. He didn't lose everything. He knew that. Steve felt as if he was being selfish. He wasn't the only one that cared about Eddie. As he thought this, he walked over towards his bedside table. The necklace? The rollercoaster necklace. Steve smiled to himself as he picked it up and squeezed it gently. He'd wear this. From now on. He'd wear it until the day he'd die at this rate. "Steve? Are you coming?" Robin asked from outside the door. "Yeah, no, I'll be out in a minute!" Steve shouted back, quickly putting on the necklace. Steve opened the door to his bedroom. After he managed to drag himself outside, he decided to clutch the necklace in his hand. It was kind of stupid, honestly. It wasn't going to bring Eddie back, it wasn't going to give him luck, but it comforted him. It was a greater comfort to him than he'd like to admit. It was this day, this random normal, average day that Steve had felt okay. That he had felt comfort. And shit, was it addicting.

      But in the end, Steve knew something. He knew that Eddie and him didn't turn out like him and Nancy did. But honestly, he kind of was starting to wish they did. Because at least then Eddie would be alive. And shit, would Steve kill for Eddie to be alive.
.
.
word count: 1044
A/N: This is the last chapter, but I was thinking about starting a oneshot book (suggestions wld be open) so idk lmao
have some yung gravy for your troubles.