"You aren't alone."

⚠️WARNING: Angst towards the end, swearing, yelling, mentions of death, suggestive jokes
                                                          Location: Bus
                                                        Time: 10:40 am
      "Okay Robin, I am not going to talk about it," Steve decided, tired of her asking. "Steve you literally just about fucked Eddie Munson," she replied, her eyes wide. "That is not what happened, and besides, we've talked about you randomly walking in on me," he reminded her. "You're right I should've expected you and Munson to be having an aggressive make out session," she joked. "That was not what I was saying. What I'm trying to say is you could have knocked. And besides, that was not  going to turn into anything more than kissing," he said, crossing his arms. "Okay, I believe you. But I am not going to let this go, you can't just keep quiet about it forever," she decided, stubbornly. Steve didn't respond this time, instead he sighed. He knew he wouldn't change her mind. And he didn't exactly mind  telling her, he just knew if he did she wouldn't shut up about it. And honestly, he didn't know what came over him himself.

      Eddie was sitting by himself on the bus. Which, he didn't care too much about, but he'd still much rather be sitting next to Steve. But they were hanging out for 4 entire days, so he figured Steve had probably wanted to catch up with Robin. It's just common sense. Everything was so confusing between the two of them. He knew he liked Steve, but fuck knows how Steve felt about Eddie. What had happened last night? I mean, it isn't exactly every day behavior to make out with someone at random. Did anything that happened even mean anything to Steve? He wasn't accusing the other or anything, he just didn't know. I mean, the first one had to, right? After all, it was so Steve could figure out if he was gay or not. So, was he? He had to be, right? No basic straight popular man would randomly decide to make out with a man. Eddie was about to step outside when it happened. So it had to mean something, right? Or was Steve just using Eddie as his temporary replacement for those girls? That couldn't be it. There was no way that was it. It had to mean something.

               They were back at Hawkins, that was it. Everything would return back to normal, most likely. Maybe everything that happened on the field trip would be forgotten. Maybe it could just be simple. Not super eventful, not confusing, not complicated, nothing. It could be basic. But when was anything ever basic for the two of them? As people started to load off of the bus, Steve had seen Eddie waiting outside. Maybe for him. Maybe, he wanted to talk. That would be awkward. Steve didn't know if he wanted to talk or not. But if he could survive the world almost ending twice, and 9-feet-tall monsters, he could talk to Eddie Munson. "Harrington," Eddie sighed, not wanting to face the other. "Later Munson. Not in a crowd," Steve whispered, looking around to make sure nobody heard him. "We can go to my trailer. Or your house," Eddie suggested, crossing his arms. "Fine, whatever, come on. We'll walk. We cannot be seen in the same car, people will get suspicious," Steve said, worried about his reputation. It didn't hurt Eddies feelings or anything, he felt bad. He felt bad that Steve had to worry about his reputation. It must suck, being scared to lose everything.

           "You know what I want to talk about, right Harrington?" Eddie questioned, staring at the other. "I'm assuming last night," Steve sighed, putting his hand above his eyes. The sun was shining down on the two of them, it felt as if it were getting hotter by the second. Although, that might also be because of the awkwardness of the situation. "More or less, everything, really," Eddie answered. It went quiet between the two of them. There were noises, just, not them talking. Steve had a saddened look on his face. He wanted anything but Eddie to be upset with him. He knew he shouldn't care about what Eddie thought about him, especially if they were rivals and all, but he couldn't help it. The other meant something to him. Fuck if he knew what, but he knew he meant something. Be it he just didn't want him to stop talking to him, he saw him as a friend, or... something else, he couldn't lose Eddie. Not Eddie.

      "This is it," Steve pointed out, looking at the building in front of them. "Dude no way Steve Harrington is taking me back to his place right now," Eddie joked, purposefully making the situation sound bad. "Holy shit you could not have worded that any worse," Steve sighed, unlocking the door and stepping in. "Welcome to my home, Munson," Steve said again, sitting on the couch. Eddie dramatically sighed. "Oh my, Steve talked to me!" He laughed, pretending to faint. "Yeah, yeah, control your dick freak," Steve joked, leaning his head back. "Last night, huh?" Eddie joked, wiggling his eyebrows. Steve didn't respond. The house gave him memories. Bad ones. "I'm...going to go upstairs and grab something," Steve said. "Aren't we here to talk? What do you need to grab?" Eddie asked, growing suspicious. "Something just..., give me a minute, alright?" Steve responded, a bit harshly. "Alright then," Eddie said, fidgeting with his necklace.

                It had been a minute. Then another, and another. Then two more, before Eddie had finally decided to go check up on Steve. As he ventured up the stairs, he heard quiet crying coming from the bathroom. Why couldn't Steve just say when he needed someone to comfort him? It wouldn't bother Eddie. He tried opening the door, but to no avail. It must've been locked from the inside. "Harrington open the damn door, I want to help dude," Eddie said as he stopped twisting the doorknob. "Fuck, why do you always show up at the worst time?" Steve sighed, opening the door. "The fuck happened Harrington?" Eddie asked in a concerned tone. "It wasn't recent it doesn't matter," Steve responded. "Dude if someone was crying about something whether recent or not would you say that to them? Exactly, so tell me what the fucks up," Eddie said, trying to get the other to realize how stupid he sounded. "A while ago, there was this party," Steve answered, a tear falling down his cheek. "It was held at, at my house, there was a girl-" Steve started up again, obviously having difficulty talking about what happened. "She- there was- fuck, if I had never thrown that party-" he continued, finding difficulty to breathe. "Woah, woah, calm down come here," Eddie said, opening his arms for a hug. "Breathe Harrington, breathe. It'll be fine, I promise. Just breathe," Eddie comforted, rubbing circles with his thumb on Steves back. The others breathing had calmed now, as did Steve. His tears slowed. The two of them stood there for a bit. Eddie didn't know what happened to the girl, but he wouldn't ask. It didn't matter, it was bad if it made the other break down like that.  "Don't worry Steve, I'm here. You aren't alone. You're not alone anymore, I swear," Eddie promised, hugging him tighter.

Steve.

He said Steve.

.

.

Word count: 1230

A/N: Writing angst is so fun fr