Not all days can be happy ones

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Ae!! This is so beautiful!!" I exclaimed, more than thrilled at the view. "I am glad you liked it. Now you can watch stars whenever you wish for. Or else, we can watch it together too." He replied. I smiled hearing those words. Watching stars with Ae is something I would like to do everyday.

After spending some time exploring the room, Ae pulled me to show the other room. He unlocked the door and pushed it open only to have my eyes filled with tears. It was a room for kids, filled with toys, beautifully painted and a crib placed in middle. I turned around to look at Ae who was rubbing his nape. "I thought that I will surprise you when you would tell me that you were expecting. But didn't know that the time will come this soon." He said.

I didn't say a word but hugged him tightly. He had thought far ahead of me. I was overwhelmed with emotions right now. Behind the tough looking men, there was hidden a soft person who cared for all and especially for his family. I never thought Ae would be this happy to have a family and especially kids. There was no place of doubts anywhere.

"Thank you Ae... Thank you very much for thinking about us... about our little baby." I tried to speak in between sobs. It was really hard to let the words out especially when I was crying this ugly. He began to rub my back trying to calm me down. "Love, you are my world and you have given me the best gift ever. You are carrying our little baby. This is our little happiness coming our way. I will do anything for both of you." He said. His words made me emotional and I cried even more. Blame it on my hormones that were haywire because of pregnancy.

Ae had a hard time to calm me down but ones he did, he ushered me to the place that he wanted to show me the most. He pushed open the door revealing to me the indoor swimming pool. The place was covered with huge glasses that offered the view of outside. He pressed a button and the glass covering the entire surface was pulled off allowing the fresh air to come in. Now, it looked like I was standing near an outdoor pool. Technology can create miracles I feel. There was only a little place that allowed walking around the pool and right exactly at the opposite corner, I can see a hanging bed.

 There was only a little place that allowed walking around the pool and right exactly at the opposite corner, I can see a hanging bed

The image is used for reference purpose and belongs to the rightful owner.

Wow!!! My mouth was hanging open seeing the place. This was something that would only be dreamt off. I can see that there was a tray placed on the bed. Only the portion where the hanging bed was installed had the floor beneath it while the entire place was completely occupied by the pool. This place was going to be the one where I would spend most of my time I guess.

"I got it designed in a way that we can still enjoy this place even in rain. I thought this will be a better addition to our little heaven." Ae said. Hearing him call this place a heaven made me feel even more happy because it meant that I and our little baby meant everything for him.

"I never thought that you will go to this extent to make me happy. This place is indeed heaven." I agreed. Seeing the entire view and the way the whole place was designed, I was sure that Ae had put in lot of efforts and money. He made sure that I will never get bored staying here.

"Come, let's take some rest." He said while holding my hand and guiding me towards the hanging bed. I was awestruck looking at my beautiful home. This place was amazing, much more beautiful than the villa where we had stayed.

I sat down on the bed with Ae beside me. I looked outside that offered the view of the cliff. I felt that we were on another vacation seeing how calm it felt. "Have this...." Ae said making my head turn in his direction. I saw him holding a slice of orange in his hand. I opened my mouth letting him feed me.

"I figured out you might like to eat this.... Since you have been eating sour stuff, I thought orange will be a better choice. We have other fruits too like apple, grapes and all." He offered. I smiled realizing that he was trying to make me happy. Earlier, I was eating tamarind before Can handed me the pregnancy test kit.

"Ae, do we have the tamarinds?" I asked. "Yes... I placed them in refrigerator. Do you want me to get them?" he asked while moving to leave. "No... I just asked." I replied while holding his wrist and pulling him back to sit on the bed. "I want you beside me." I said while snuggling closer to him.

So, now we were cuddling on the bed with Ae's arms circled around me and resting on my belly. His hands would occasionally caress my belly as if trying to feel the little life inside. This feeling was so beautiful. My head was resting on his chest listening to his heart beat.

Ae was pampering me a lot after he came to know about the pregnancy. He stuffed the fridge with necessary stuff and bought everything I needed. The doctor had prescribed some medicines for me in order to keep my fluids in balance.

Can was allowed to leave after spending a week in the hospital whereas meanwhile, Ae had set up a team to investigate into this matter. And they were working 24 X 7. They gathered all the information right from the birth till death of the people who were involved in the ambush. Even though they died, their information led to many new shocking revelations.

This whole thing brought many other secrets forward and many of the people holding their connection with us were under question. The more the investigation proceeded, the more deep it went. It was as if a spider web. Many faces came forward, and many other cases came to light. This was a complete new experience.

The team involved in investigation had to ask for more people since they weren't enough. Just the mere task of collecting the information was turned into theft, sneaking and trespassing some of the sealed areas. The old crimes whose files were closed from lack of evidence slowly began to open and there were lot many cases that were linked to each other and it looked like a chain of crimes done to hide a single one.

The cruelty and ruthless nature has no boundaries when it came to these people. It was as if I was witnessing an entirely new world. Something I haven't came across earlier. Soon after discharge, Can and Tin too began to work on the matter and there were lot many people who were kidnapped and brought in for investigation. The matter with Max and Blue had the whole underworld turned upside down.

When Ae finally got the evidences, he called for a meeting. Now, it was me, Ae, Can and Tin in the conference room where Ae was standing with a serious face while looking at the screen of his laptop. His eyebrows drew together and he was sighing occasionally. The atmosphere inside the room was tensing and I felt a little uncomfortable. I have never been to any meeting like this one before and I am sure that it was going to leave a big impact on me and my life.