Forty Two - Flaws

Start from the beginning

I thought to myself that their judgments didn't matter, but they just make me realize how worthless I am.

It sucks.

"Really?" He turned to me. "That's great! You'll be the one who'll help your family out!"

If my mental health is able, uncle.

"Well? How are your other kids?"

It's like a needle pierced through my ear when my parents began to tell them about how amazing my siblings are. How worthy and dependable they are, how responsibly talented they are, and how they always make them proud.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not envious.

It's just that as time goes by, the clearer I see the label on me.

I'm only worthy when I'm useful.

Before I could even think, I already opened my mouth

Before I could even think, I already opened my mouth. "Y-you! Stop what you're doing!"

My eyes grew when I realized that the guy wasn't alone. There were four more guys with him who were beating up the three young Toman members. I immediately ran towards them and found them all bleeding.

I glared at the five bastards. "What is wrong with you, people?!"

"H-huh?" I turned to the guy who had his face wounded. "M-mizuno-san?"

"Are you okay? Can you walk? Can you guys walk?"

"What are you doing... here, M-mizuno-san?" He stuttered in pain. "C-commander will kill us if y-you... get hurt..."

I shook my head. "You'll die here if you guys stay."

I'm anxious, but I had to help these guys. I'm not that inhuman to leave someone who's beaten up in the middle of the night.

"B-but... you can't... fight them on your... own..."

"Just... call the police," I secretly whispered to them. "I will run away after."

I smiled at the puzzled Toman guys then faced the five guys who were staring at me from head to foot with those disgusting eyes. I was afraid, but I wanted to protect them. After all, it's what Toman taught me. To protect your family.

"Well, look what we have here," the other guy with a crew cut licked his lips. "If it isn't Toman's girl."

"I heard she's also the missing treasure of the Black Dragons," the tanned skin guy mentioned. "But it seems that they already got her back. Shall we take her with us, boss?"

"First come, first serve," the person with a devil tattoo on his arm uttered, making me feel nervous. "I'll go first, you guys follow."

"Fool! I'll go first!"

I hid my shaky fingers at my back and gestured the beaten people behind me to leave. Shockingly, they let the Toman members leave which was unexpected. I thought they'd come right after them.