Chapter 1

"Estella! Estella! Wake up Estella!" I awoke to the sound of my nurse ushering me to awake from my peaceful and delicate slumber.

"Please do wake up, it is 8:30 your father will be furious if you are not ready for breakfast at 9:15." Why would father be furious he is never mad when i am late, i thought to myself.

"I'm awake and getting ready now thank you," I responded back to her. Well, this is one way to wake up in the morning. Although i really must be getting ready if father is going to be mad.

I put my pink dress on and had my long black hair done up in a royally manner that suited my 17-year-old age. I wore a little makeup that would accent my green eyes, a little lip-gloss to make my natural pink lips stand out and of course to match my fair skin.

 I wore a little makeup that would accent my green eyes, a little lip-gloss to make my natural pink lips stand out and of course to match my fair skin

Dressed and ready for breakfast at ten past nine, I begin to descend the stairs

Dressed and ready for breakfast at ten past nine, I begin to descend the stairs. My younger brother Oliver, who happens to be zoning out, is waiting at the dining room door to be seated for breakfast. Oliver looks a little similar to me with green eyes, black hair, and fair skin. He is however three years younger than me, making him 14. "Good morning, Oliver," I greet but to no response.

"Oliver?" I repeat myself, this time slightly shaking his shoulders.

"Oh, good morning sis. Sorry, I didn't mean to zone out" he giggled.

"That's ok Oli" I responded while rolling my eyes at his slight amusement. He and I are close despite our age gap, in fact we have always been quite close since we were little. Five minutes of talking past between us when one of our castle's servants opens the dining room door. Across the room, staring frustratedly down at his plate was my father – King Alexander. Oliver and I quickly glare at each other with nervous faces and walk into the room with the door closing behind us.

Wc: 335