Chapter 3

Finally, after what felt like an eternity my parents walked through the door. As soon as Oli opened his mouth, I rolled my eyes "here we go" I said to myself. "What did we do? are we in trouble? I can't remember what I did so it can't be me it must have been Kya? It has to be-" "Calm down Oli you aren't in trouble we just have to have a talk regarding Estella." My father said interrupting him mid-sentence. "wait why me what did I do?" "Nothing dear, nothing is wrong you haven't done anything, now both of you stop asking questions so we can breathe and speak." My mother said firmly but softly. My father took a deep calming breath and began to speak, "Estella you are 17 and the social season is approaching soon—WHAT! I exclaimed "No I do not want to have a husband!" I knew exactly where they were going with this conversation. It was a conversation I have been dreading my entire life. I'm not a girl who wishes to have a man, I'm a girl who loves being independent, reading books and caring for myself and my horse Skyla. "Now, Now Estelle your mother and I have decided you are in need of a husband." No please no I don't want a husband I don't want to care for someone else at this age!" I said while crying. "Estella please listen before you keep reacting like this, now we aren't going to pick one at random, we are going to let you decide for yourself because of your independence we think you are very capable of doing that and making a rational decision." My father continued about how it is important for the kingdom, our family and for him and my mother, but I could barely hear anything because of my crying, eventually I lashed out at my parents and ran through the door to my room. 

Once I got to my room I locked the door and boarded up so no one could get in, I had to hold in my tears so everyone when they walked past my door would think I was ok, After I boarded up my door I got dressed in my horse riding gear which consist...

Once I got to my room I locked the door and boarded up so no one could get in, I had to hold in my tears so everyone when they walked past my door would think I was ok, After I boarded up my door I got dressed in my horse riding gear which consisted of a forest green leggings a black shirt and my favourite black riding jacket it was my favourite jacket because it was the only jacket I owned that was black the thumb cut-outs. I then grabbed my backpack and grabbed mine and Skyla's snacks and some of my favourite books, and then it hit me. I had no idea how to get out of the castle without being seen by my father, mother, brother, or any of the maids, I then became planning how to escape without being seen suddenly I heard a banging on my door disrupting my train of thought "Estelle come out please, let me explain." It was my father I didn't want to speak to him, I didn't want to hear him, and I didn't want to look at him. "go away!" I shouted from the opposite side of my bedroom, he twisted the door knob only to realise that it was locked, I heard him pull out a key, I knew immediately I had to leave so I stuff everything in the bag and ran for the door then darted down the stairs and booked it for Skyla's pen at the stables, the second I got there I quickly tacked her up and got on to make sure everything was secure and I was so stressed trying to tack her I didn't realise that I was crying and that my father had gotten into my room and had seen me at her pen. I gave a pat to Skyla, and we took off riding and we zoomed right past my father just when I thought he was going to grab me off of Skyla, he and the guards came to a halt after me and Skyla went past. I read his lips when he said, 'It's ok, Skyla will protect her and she will be back she just needs time.' And with that Skyla took me into a thick forest where I could no longer be seen.

Wc: 713