📝 Kim Namjoon Reviews 📝

Judge: HPNEIIAuthor: kooklovesmintchocoBook:Notes

Judge: HPNEII
Author: kooklovesmintchoco
Book:Notes

Cover: 4/5
The title is visible as the font is simple, accompanied by the author’s username. The image chosen is simple yet bright, attracting with its simplicity which is good. However, I think that the username of the author is too big and visible for the cover, ruining the simple aesthetic a bit and jumping into the eyes.

Title: 4/5
Another simple aspect of this book. A bit cliché as I have seen other various fandoms use similar titles and even the same one before, but every book even with shared titles can have a very different content.

Blurb: 5/5
The rhetorical question attracts the reader as it piques up the interest as to what can actually go wrong in such simple activity as exchanging notes between each other. The blurb tells us what the theme is (college/students) and that the chapters are short which is what many readers would prefer, rather than lacking the specifics.

Pace: 5/5
With the warning of ‘short chapters’ I was expecting simple and rushed things; however, the story was the complete opposite. The pace was adequate and was close to real life, adding realism and perhaps even allowing for several readers to relate with their own similar experiences.

Plot: 18/20
As exchanging notes is a common act, the plot as a whole was simple yet the problems that arose were made better with the interactions between each character and how it all links. Despite a simple plot, it stood out to me with a fluid flow. Simple chapters with a good amount of information for the plot was well.

Character development: 15/15
The emotions of characters were well written and described. The forming of attraction towards the unknown person by Namjoon and Yuna, as well as their personal interactions when they did not know of the ‘secret letter exchange’, had still shown us how we can develop feelings with an addition of mystery and the unknown. 

Grammar: 19/20
The grammar is really good. But at times I was a bit confused about speech when it came to group interactions, and it took me time to figure out who said what. I haven’t seen any typos nor spelling mistakes, so it was an easy read, and I did not have to attempt to figure out what the author tried to say.

Writing style: 15/15
Simple and straightforward with a well-developed description of emotions. It is a strange link between the two, but the work shows how it can work well. The detail was enough, and everything was made easy to read.

Overall enjoyment: 10/10
Not my style of books but this is the one I would definitely want to re-read. The flow was smooth, no flaws and minimalist. I absolutely loved how the author added an extra chapter to clear out several confusing points later in the book as the secrets were revealed, so the author wanted to provide an extra information for the reader (interacting with readers). 

Total: 95/100