📝 Min Yoongi Reviews 📝

Judge: fluffy_dandruffAuthor: Mrs_NamnamBook Title: Train to Daegu

Author: Mrs_Namnam
Book Title: Train to Daegu

I believe that every book has the potential to be great given editing and research. My remarks are never to demoralize but to help you grow as a writer and find joy in the process. 

Cover (5 Marks)
Awarded 4

I like the cover. It is undeniable that this is a Min Yoongi-centric fanfiction and mirrors the title well with the train tracks. The placement of the title and the author’s name is legible. It would be a nice touch to add a short sentence from your book or your blurb to further advertise your book, especially for those who are reading from a desktop. 

Title (5 Marks)
Awarded 5

The title suits the book well. I love tied endings where it ends where it begins. Well done!

Blurb (5 Marks)
Awarded 5

I like that you incorporated the sentence from your book in your blurb. I feel that blurbs introduce readers to your book and it should be impactful and enticing and yet it must not reveal too much of your plot. Personally, I think you did well in showcasing this. I love it. 

Pace (5 Marks)
Awarded 5

The pace of the short story was perfect for a short story. It is sweet and the characters Yoongi and Young-Mi were introduced to the readers. The author revealed them through their point of view and addressed their past and their motive to be on the train. 

Plot (20 Marks)
Awarded 19.5

I think this could be considered a short story or a one-shot. It is well structured and I love the theme of healing and serendipity. It is sweet with feel-good vibes. The kind that fanfiction is all about with the happily ever after at the end of the book. 

The story has good bones and I cannot help but wonder if it would be just as successful or even more successful as a novelette with more in-depth chapters of Seokhoon or the other characters introduced. 

Character Development (15 Marks)
Awarded 13

I like how they found one another in their moment of pain and the serendipity of finding one another once again. It is really sweet but they seem to fall in love a bit too fast and maybe too rash. I know that I am a cynic but I think that if one had suffered what both Yoongi and Young-Mi had gone through, they would be a bit more guarded. 

As much as I love the storyline, I cannot help but wonder if they had just filled the gap of loneliness and loss by anyone who was at the right place at the right time. Maybe if both Yoongi and Young-Mi had taken time to heal and found love once again through another chanced encounter I would be more accepting of their relationship.