Tech and Politics

Azur Lane base HQ.

Wales: I hope you have a good reason to call us here again even though you didn't attend yesterday.

Wales was displeased at Enty for calling a meeting and not attending it herself.

Enty: I assure you, this is important.

Wales sighs and watches as the others wait patiently for Enty to sort out some files.

Enty: As you all know, I identified siren ammunition as ineffective for its kind.

Enterprise: What do you mean by this?

Enty: My investigation has identified advanced tech that the sirens have employed, but I'm shocked at the deficient performance of such technologies, such as the sirens' Jets. They are slower than a P59 despite; utilizing jet engines, they also employ a swept-wing design for high-speed travel, but without being able to even reach the speed of sound, I'm confused as to why they employed such a design in the first place.

Hood: Are you saying you have more advanced tech in your world?

Enty: Yes, but please withhold your questions until the end of the presentation.

Enty: I may be no engineer, but I'm smart enough to know how our latest ships work. Ships today employ guided missiles both for anti-ship and anti-air purposes. They also utilized a single gun turret rather than the traditional multi-gun turret of the cruiser and battleships of ww2. The reason for this is gun stabilizers, and as far as I know, their purpose is to keep the gun steady and calculate the exact range of the target ship, then deploy rapid-fire to sink any lightly armored ships. Now on to the sirens ammunition; as I have said earlier, a single hit from that siren battleship should have killed me. But it seems like it lacks the explosive and piercing effect of typical shells. Not only that, but the guided missile employed on siren jets should have destroyed many planes and ships, but I'm not able to get conclusive reports on their electronic capabilities.

Wales: If true, could it be they are holding back?

Enty: It's highly improbable, but this leads me to my proposal for the council.

Illustrious: Please enlighten us Ms. Enty.

Enty: I would like to request the creation of a bureau of ordnance to investigate weaponry created by the sirens and to develop and research new weapons on our ships.

Wales: We reject your proposal on the research of siren technologies.

Enty: But why?

Wales: I thought we made it clear that experimenting with siren technology is dangerous.

Enty: My bureau's purpose is to research siren capabilities, not just them but ours included.

Hood: We are still wary of your proposal mainly due to budget constraints from high command.

Enty: How do you expect to end the decades-long war with the sirens if you won't even take the risk of employing radical research.

They all pondered a bit about whether this will bear fruit in the long run.

Wales: Very well, but I have a question?

Enty: What would that be?

Wales: It says here you will use the shipgirls themselves for experimentation.

Enty: Don't worry, I will be taking volunteers *silently* and not use captured shipgirls as target practice.

Wales: What was that?

Enty: nothing.

Enty smiled' innocently as if nothing happened though Wales simply went with it.

Wales: We will send the proposal to high command and request the scientist to work with you.