28 | A Chat With Friends

Start from the beginning

How do I explain it to people? They won't believe me. what if he kills me. What if they think I'm infected.

My panic grew, even more, when I felt his hand roughly taking a hold of my jaw and making me face him again. He brought his face closer to mine, looking at my eyes instead of into them.

"Your eyes used to be brown. What the hell did you do?" He said while holding my jaw harder.

"What the hell did you do?!" he took a hold of my jaw, pushing my head harder into the wall.

"Nothing! I didn't do anything, Liam." I beg as I hold his wrist with my hands trying to push him away from me.

"Baby please you're hurting me" I whisper, closing my eyes and letting the tears fall until they pool at his fingers.

He nuzzles his nose into my hair and whispers into my ear, "You deserve it, my love"

I snapped out of It and pushed him away from me, before punching him in the jaw. He stumbled back and hit the wall of the white farmhouse, staring at me in shock before his eyes were quickly filled with rage.

Don't give him a chance to react.

I sunk my right hand into my pocket and flipped out one of my knives holding it against his neck, while my left hand pushed his shoulder back.

I stared at his eyes as I pushed my knife closer to his skin, giving him a feel of the cold blade. I brought my face close to his as he rose his head higher in an attempt to get away from my blade.

"Touch me again, and I swear, I will wear your carotid arteries as a necklace around my neck," I whispered my words as his eyes bore into mine. I plessed the blade into his neck and swipe it across the right side, right over his artery, breaking the skin and causing a little bit of bleeding. With that, I drop my hands and step back looking up at him to see him already looking at me. I took a few steps back before walking off the porch and into the open land of the farm to find a tree to sleep on for the night.

***

Day 71

The hot sun hit my body as I walked along the fence. I could see an old barn ahead of me, it looked abandoned and broken which led me to confusion.

Why would the family barn be abandoned?

My pack felt heavy on my back as I walked closer to the wooden barn, the quiet morning was quickly disturbed by the unsettling sound of the dead. Unsettling because it was coming from the barn. The same barn that was not too far away from where Rick's group was camping, the camp that had Carl, Glenn and Loris's, unborn baby.

Does Rick know about this?

I dropped my pack and ran towards the cracks of the barn, trying to peek inside quickly gaining the unwanted attention of our dead friends. Over time I had learned that they can hear and smell humans, so it was no surprise to me when they all huddled up on the other side of the wall and started clawing at the wood in an attempt to get a hold of me. The screeching sound of their nails grinding against the wood almost hurt my ears.

I dropped my pack onto the ground and I looked around the barn trying to find a way in without becoming lunch, and my only option seemed to be climbing onto the roof and finding an entrance that they couldn't reach.

And surprisingly I did. I was on top of the barn with my sword in hand when a voice stopped me from going in.

"Ella! Stop." I whip my head around to face a frantic Glenn running towards me.

He knows?

I looked back down to the pit of walkers under me there was nothing special about them, they were just like all the dead roaming the world.