twenty-four: twins birthday and the unexpected call

"Tell me why we are here again?" you questioned, wiping your face with your hand and letting out a frustrated groan.

"To find the twins a birthday gift." Sunmi said walking past you, head roaming around the store, looking for a perfect gift for your sisters upcoming birthday.

"Yes, but why are we here. The twins are not babies anymore why are we in a toy shop?!" you groaned, dragging your feet and following your sister, trying to catch up to her quick pace. "I already got a gift for them. I could have been doing something else more productive than shopping" you wailed.

Like giving my manga to V.

"Y/n all you do is sleep. You need the exercise." your sister uttered. Gazing at the giant teddy bear, she pulled out one from the shelf and held it in her arms. You sighed, already use to this type of remarks from your family. Sunmi was correct about you sleeping in a lot but she is incorrect about the exercise part. Sometimes you did wish for your sister to have some knowledge about your life even though she trusts you enough to make the right decisions, but it wouldn't hurt to ask about some things in your life either.

But I guess this is somewhat good for you, you would rather let her be oblivious than let your sister know about your secret training to lose weight. You couldn't imagine how much your family would be involved then. And it would not be good for you as much as you love your family, you decided to keep this to yourself at least you have one thing to control over in your life.

Walking through the aisles of stuffed animals you noticed a red object in a pile of other stuffed animals in a crate. Curiously you walked forward to see a familiar colour that immediately reminded you of your trainer. Picking up the stuffy, your eyes gleamed with joy. The stuffy was a beautiful maroon coloured bunny with splashes of pink and white decorating its ears and back and most importantly it was super fluffy! Your eyes shimmered in awe at the adorable stuffed animal that you did not notice your sister eyeing you from behind. 

"Y/n, if you want it, I'll buy it for you." your sister gleamed, picking up the plushie and throwing it into her trolley. "Sunmi, you don't have to! Besides-"

"You want to gift it to someone then?" sunmi mused.

Well she hit the mark.

You were about to protest but your sister waved you off and told you not to worry she'll buy it. Sometimes its really great having a older sister who wouldn't mind spending money on you (they might complain, but they would be willing to do it after). "I always wanted to spoil a friend and because of money being so tight i wouldnt want to stress our parents out by asking." sunmi told you, reminiscing on the times where she would see her parents worried faces when looking over their bills.

"Once you start working you would like to repay those you love with gifts. Even before working you will understand the value of spending money wisely." she chuckles and you laugh understanding the difficulties of becoming a young adult.

"Take it from me and enjoy being a kid. Dont rush things just because your friends or people you know are moving forward in their life and you feel stuck. They were all once stuck too." sunmi looked at you with a small smile adorning her beautiful features, she pulled you in for a side hug and kissed your forehead aggressively.

"I was not expecting to get life advice in the middle of a toy store you know." you laughed, taking over pushing the trolley from your sister.

"Just take the advice and move." Sunmi tooted and pushed you forward.

You shook your head at your sisters actions and let out a airy laugh. You looked in front of you and caught a glimpse of the bunny plushie in your cart and couldnt help but smile. The resemblance of your trainer and the plush is uncanny.