Wren Deluca-Bishop II

Life and writer's block happened but I'm back!!!!

——————————————————————

POV Carina:

As soon as Maya and I saw the panic in Wren, we went into action. Maya was searching for something in my bag while I asked Wren 5 questions, "Wren, Can you tell me 5 things you see?" "A.. bag... umm Mom.... you...my blanket...the airplane window...." She shakily said. "Ok good. Now 4 things you feel?" I asked. "Your hand...the seat......the blanket.....arm rest." Wren breathed out a little calmer. Just then, Maya found what she was looking for, a sour piece of candy for when.

It helps pull the person who is having a panic attack back into themselves.

"Good job Wren. Halfway done. 3 things you can hear?" I conveyed. "The roar of the engine...people talking...your voice." Wren answered. "Si almost done. 2 things you can smell?" I questioned. "Your perfume and the sour candy." Wren indicated, coming back to normal. "Last one, 1 thing you can taste?" I asked, which was the last question.

"This awful candy which is really sour." Wren expresses then proceeds to spit it out into the wrapper.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes until Wren spoke up,"I haven't taken my meds since tuesday."

"We know. we just didn't say anything because It is a choice that you have to make and the only time we will ask you to take them is when you need them." Maya answered before I could. "I need them but I kinda left them at home. I realized that was a mistake when we left Travis and Vic's house but I was to scared to ask to go back home." Wren embarrassingly expressed.

"Well you are in luck. I saw that you had left them so I grabbed them just by chance, when we left. So here, take them." I indicated while handing Wren the bottle of her meds. "Thank you Mama." Wren said while taking the bottle and taking the meds.

Wren ended up pulling out the book she was reading on the first flight before starting the one she got in New York City. As the meds began to take effect, her head began to dip and her grip on the book began to dwindle. The meds and exhaustion finally won and she was out cold. I slowly took the book out of her hands and headphones out of her ears.

Maya had fallen asleep a few minutes before Wren did.

I had one day before I needed to be at the conference. At this conference, I was actually one of the speakers. So that will give our little family one full day to see a few places before work has to begin which does not count the day we arrive. Since arriving at 4 in the morning we would just chill and the day after that we would do things. I did and ended up falling asleep not long after Wren.

But when I woke up Maya was still asleep and Wren was playing with her rubik's cube while watching something on her iPad.

POV Wren:

I was the first to wake up which was surprising to be honest. I thought the meds would have knocked me out longer. Gosh, thank the lord Mama brought them.

It would definitely be a different story if she didn't. I'm never going to leave them again, After that incident. I just kinda sat there in between Mom and Mama just letting my mind wonder what we would do. After letting my mind wander a bit, I pulled out my book. I'm going to finish this one first before starting the one I got in New York City. Even though it felt like 30 minutes for me. In reality, it was a couple of hours. This book really has me into it. It is that good of a book.

I needed to slow down so I pulled out my Rubix's cube and set up a movie on my ipad.

The movie is Thor: Ragnarok. I started watching all the marvel movies in chronological order which is a little weird because the graphics are a little different. Mama started to wake up. "Buongiorno Mama." I say, solving the rubik's cube in my hands.